The Minnesota Vikings (6-8) will attempt to defy oddsmakers when they take on the New Orleans Saints (10-4) on Friday, December 25, 2020 as 6.5-point underdogs. The contest has an over/under of 51.0. Place your wager with BetMGM sports betting on Saints vs Vikings and other week 16 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Friday, December 25, 2020
- Game Time: 4:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX/NFL
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Superdome
BetMGM NFL betting lines
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Saints
- New Orleans has just a 3-4 record against the spread at home this year, and is 5-2 overall in home games.
- This year, New Orleans has compiled a 7-7 record against the spread.
- This season, the Saints are just 2-3 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- This season, New Orleans' games have gone over the point total in nine out of 14 opportunities.
- The Vikings defense has allowed 27.7 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 28.4 the Saints have scored.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, New Orleans is 5-2 and 4-3 against the spread.
- Minnesota is 6-2 overall and 5-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 27.7 points.
Betting on the Vikings
- 9 Minnesota's 14 games this year have gone over the point total (64.3% of its opportunities).
- Minnesota has a losing 6-8 record against the spread.
- The Vikings have a losing ATS record of 0-2 when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- The Vikings have averaged 4.5 more points this season (25.7) than the Saints have allowed (21.2).
- In games where Minnesota scores at least 25.7 points this season, they are 5-5 overall and 5-5 against the spread.
- When New Orleans allows opposing offenses to put 21.2 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 5-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread.
- Minnesota has a 4-2 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 3-3 overall in away games.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The Saints and their opponents have combined for 51.0 points -- this matchup's over/under -- in seven of 14 games (50%) this year.
- The Vikings have played in 10 games this year (out of 14 total matchups -- 71.4% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 51.0 points.
- The Saints and the Vikings combine to average 3.1 more points per game than the over/under of 51.0 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.1 less points per game (48.9) than this matchup's over/under of 51.0 points.
- The Saints' average point total in outings this year is 49.6, 1.4 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Vikings this year is 2.4 points higher than this game's over/under.
Saints Key Players
- Drew Brees leads New Orleans with 2,430 passing yards (243.0 ypg) on 234-of-332 with 21 touchdowns against four interceptions in 10 games this season.
- Alvin Kamara has carried the ball 165 times for a team-high 777 yards (55.5 per game), with 10 touchdowns in 14 games this year. He's also caught 80 passes for 739 yards (52.8 per game) and five touchdowns.
- In 14 games this season, Latavius Murray has racked up 584 yards (41.7 per game) on 134 attempts with four touchdowns.
- Emmanuel Sanders has put up a 580-yard season so far (41.4 yards per game) with four touchdowns, reeling in 48 passes on 64 targets in 14 games.
- Jared Cook's 30 grabs are good enough for 379 yards (29.2 ypg) and six touchdowns through 13 games played. He's been targeted 51 times.
- Trey Hendrickson has 12.5 sacks to pace the team through 14 games, and also has 11.0 TFL and 24 tackles.
- Demario Davis, New Orleans' tackle leader, has 105 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and four sacks in 14 games this year.
- Janoris Jenkins has picked off a team-leading three passes. He also has 45 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 10 passes defended to his name over 11 games.
Saints: Andrus Peat: Questionable (Ankle), Malcom Brown: Questionable (Calf), Tre'Quan Smith: Out (Ankle), Trey Hendrickson: Questionable (Neck), Nick Easton: Out (Concussion), Marcus Williams: Out (Ankle)
Vikings Key Players
- Kirk Cousins has 3,569 passing yards (254.9 ypg) to lead Minnesota, completing 67.6% of his passes and collecting touchdown 29 passes and 13 interceptions in 14 games this season. He's also contributed on the ground with 155 rushing yards (11.1 ypg) on 28 carries.
- The team's top rusher, Dalvin Cook, has carried the ball 297 times for 1,484 yards (114.2 per game), with 15 touchdowns in 13 games this year. He's proven to be a dual threat, hauling in 349 receiving yards (26.8 per game) on 42 catches with one receiving touchdown.
- In 12 games this season, Alexander Mattison has collected 339 yards (28.3 per game) on 75 carries with one touchdown.
- Adam Thielen has put up a 771-yard season so far (55.1 yards per game) with 13 touchdowns, reeling in 62 passes on 94 targets over 14 games.
- Dalvin Cook's 42 catches (on 52 targets) have netted him 349 yards (26.8 ypg) and one touchdown through 13 games played.
- Ifeadi Odenigbo has 3.5 sacks to pace the team through 14 games, and also has 3.0 TFL and 34 tackles.
- Eric Kendricks, Minnesota's leading tackler, has 106 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and three interceptions in 11 games this year.
- Harrison Smith leads the team with four interceptions, while also collecting 72 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and nine passes defended over 14 games.
Vikings: Jalyn Holmes: Out (Groin), C.J. Ham: Questionable (Quadricep), Kyle Rudolph: Out (Foot), Todd Davis: Doubtful (Ribs), Armon Watts: Questionable (Ankle), Troy Dye: Out (Concussion), Alexander Mattison: Out (Concussion), Eric Kendricks: Out (Calf)