The Seattle Seahawks (11-4) are touchdown favorites when they visit the San Francisco 49ers (6-9) in an NFC West matchup on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at State Farm Stadium. The over/under is set at 46.0 for the outing. Make a pick with BetMGM sports betting on Seahawks vs 49ers and other week 17 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Glendale, AZ
- Stadium: State Farm Stadium
BetMGM NFL betting odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Seahawks
- Seattle has an 8-7 record against the spread this year.
- This season, the Seahawks have an ATS record of 1-1 when projected as at least 7.0-point favorites.
- This season, less than half of Seattle’s games with a betting line — six out of 15 opportunities — have gone over the point total.
- The Seahawks, on average, score 4.6 more points per game this season (28.9) than the 49ers allow (24.3).
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Seattle is 6-2 and 6-2 against the spread.
- When the San Francisco defense allows 24.3 points or fewer this year, the 49ers have put together a 6-2 overall record and a 6-2 record against the spread.
- Seattle’s record against the spread in away games this year is just 2-5, and its record on the road overall is 4-3.
Betting on the 49ers
- San Francisco has put together a losing 6-9 record against the spread this season.
- The 49ers have a losing ATS record of 1-2 when playing as at least 7.0-point underdogs.
- Most of San Francisco’s games this year — eight out of 15 — have failed to go over the point total (53.3%).
- The Seahawks defense has allowed 23.2 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 23.5 the 49ers have scored.
- In games where San Francisco scores at least 23.5 points this season, they are 4-3 overall and 4-3 against the spread.
- Seattle is 6-2 overall and 4-4 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.2 points.
- San Francisco is just 1-6 against the spread in home games this year, and is 1-6 overall at home.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The average over/under the Seahawks have had set in matchups this year is 6.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the 49ers this year is 1.8 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- The Seahawks and their opponents have combined to score more than 46.0 points in 60% of their outings this season (nine of 15 opportunities).
- In five of 15 opportunities (33.3%) this year, San Francisco has combined with its opponents to score more than 46.0 points.
- The Seahawks and the 49ers combine to average 6.4 more points per game than the over/under of 46.0 set for this game.
- The Seahawks and the 49ers have seen their opponents average a combined 1.5 more points per game than the point total of 46.0 set for this matchup.
Seahawks Key Players
- Russell Wilson has been a dual threat to lead Seattle in both passing and rushing. He has 4,031 passing yards (268.7 ypg), completing 69.7% of his passes and tossing touchdown 38 passes and 13 interceptions over the course of 15 games this season. He’s rushed for 484 yards (32.3 ypg) on 78 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Chris Carson has carried the ball 130 times for a team-high 637 yards (57.9 per game), with five touchdowns in 11 games this year. He’s also tacked on 35 catches for 248 yards (22.5 per game) and four touchdowns.
- D.K. Metcalf’s team-high 1,282 receiving yards (85.5 yards per game) have come on 80 receptions (and 120 targets) with 10 touchdowns through 15 games.
- Tyler Lockett has racked up 964 yards (64.3 yards per game) and eight touchdowns, reeling in 88 passes on 118 targets over 15 games this year.
- David Moore’s 46 targets have resulted in 34 grabs for 412 yards (27.5 ypg) and six touchdowns through 15 games played.
- Jamal Adams has racked up 9.5 sacks to pace the team through 11 games, while also picking up 10.0 TFL and 81 tackles.
- Bobby Wagner, Seattle’s tackle leader, has 130 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and three sacks in 15 games this year.
- Quandre Diggs has a team-leading five interceptions to go along with 58 tackles and 10 passes defended over 15 games.
Brandon Shell: Questionable (Ankle),
Carlos Hyde: Questionable (Illness),
Damarious Randall: Questionable (Foot),
Mike Iupati: Questionable (Neck),
Jayson Stanley: Out (Hamstring),
Greg Olsen: Questionable (Foot),
DeeJay Dallas: Out (Ankle)
49ers Key Players
- C.J. Beathard has been a dual threat to lead San Francisco in both passing and rushing. He has 514 passing yards (102.8 ypg), completing 61.2% of his passes and tossing touchdown five passes and zero interceptions in five games this season. He’s rushed for 18 yards (3.6 ypg) on three carries.
- Jeff Wilson Jr.’s team-high 527 rushing yards (52.7 per game) have come on 106 carries, with six touchdowns in 10 games this year.
- Brandon Aiyuk’s 748 receiving yards leads all receivers on the team. He’s been targeted 96 times and has collected 60 receptions and five touchdowns through 14 games (averaging 53.4 yards per game).
- Kendrick Bourne has grabbed 44 passes (on 68 targets) for 591 yards (39.4 yards per game) and two touchdowns over 15 games this year.
- George Kittle’s 54 targets have resulted in 41 receptions for 566 yards (80.9 ypg) and two touchdowns through seven games played.
- Kerry Hyder leads the team with 8.5 sacks through 15 games, and also has 9.0 TFL and 47 tackles.
- Fred Warner, San Francisco’s top-tackler, has 117 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two interceptions in 15 games this year.
- Jason Verrett leads the team with two interceptions, while also putting up 52 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and six passes defended over 12 games.
Brandon Aiyuk: Out (Ankle),
Javon Kinlaw: Out (Knee),
Tarvarius Moore: Questionable (Ankle),
Richard Sherman: Out (Calf),
Deebo Samuel: Out (Hamstring),
Emmanuel Moseley: Questionable (Hamstring),
Kevin Givens: Out (Not Injury Related),
K’Waun Williams: Out (Shin),
Mark Nzeocha: Questionable (Illness),
Dre Greenlaw: Out (Calf)