The NFC Wild Card round of the 2020 NFL Playoffs features a battle between the Los Angeles Rams (10-6) (who are 3-point underdogs) and the Seattle Seahawks (12-4) on January 9, 2021 at 4:40 PM ET on FOX. The contest has a point total of 42.0. Make a pick with BetMGM sports betting on Seahawks vs Rams and other week 1 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Saturday, January 9, 2021
- Game Time: 4:40 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Stadium: Lumen Field
BetMGM NFL betting odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Seahawks
- This year, Seattle has assembled an 8-8 record against the spread.
- This season, the Seahawks are just 5-7 ATS when projected as at least 3.0-point favorites.
- Seattle has played in only seven games that have gone over the point total (43.8% of its opportunities).
- The Seahawks have put an average of 28.7 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 10.2 more than the 18.5 the Rams have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where Seattle score at least 28.7 points this season, they are 6-2 overall and 6-2 against the spread.
- Los Angeles is 7-0 overall and 6-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 18.5 points.
- Seattle has a 6-2 record against the spread at home this year, and is 7-1 overall in home games.
Betting on the Rams
- Most of Los Angeles' games this year -- 12 out of 16 -- have failed to go over the point total (75%).
- Los Angeles has a 9-7 record against the spread.
- The Rams have a split ATS record of 4-4 when an underdog by at least 3.0 points.
- The Rams average points scored this season (23.2) and the Seahawks points allowed (23.2) are exactly the same.
- Los Angeles is 6-1 overall and 6-1 against the spread when they score at least 23.2 points this season.
- When Seattle allows opposing offenses to put 23.2 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 7-2 overall and 4-5 against the spread.
- Los Angeles is an even 4-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 4-4 overall on the road.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The Seahawks and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup's point total (42.0 points) in 68.8% of their outings this year (11 of 16 opportunities).
- The Rams have played in seven games this season (out of 16 total matchups -- 43.8% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 42.0 points.
- The Seahawks and the Rams combine to average 9.9 more points per game than the over/under of 42.0 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.3 fewer points per game (41.7) than this game's total of 42.0 points.
- The average total the Seahawks have had set in games this year is 9.9 more points than this outing's point total.
- The average point total for the Rams this year is 0.2 points less than this game's over/under.
Seahawks Key Players
- Russell Wilson has been a dual threat to lead Seattle in both passing and rushing. He has 4,212 passing yards (263.3 ypg), completing 68.8% of his passes and collecting touchdown 40 passes and 13 interceptions in 16 games this season. He's rushed for 513 yards (32.1 ypg) on 83 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Chris Carson's team-high 681 rushing yards (56.8 per game) have come on 141 carries, with five touchdowns in 12 games this year. He's also added 37 catches for 287 yards (23.9 per game) and four touchdowns.
- D.K. Metcalf's team-leading 1,303 receiving yards (81.4 yards per game) have come on 83 receptions (and 129 targets) with 10 touchdowns through 16 games.
- Tyler Lockett has collected 1,054 yards (65.9 yards per game) and 10 touchdowns, hauling in 100 passes on 132 targets in 16 games this year.
- David Moore's 35 grabs have yielded 417 yards (26.1 ypg) and six touchdowns through 16 games played. He's been targeted 47 times.
- Jamal Adams has 9.5 sacks to pace the team through 12 games, and also has 11.0 TFL and 84 tackles.
- Bobby Wagner, Seattle's tackle leader, has 136 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and three sacks in 16 games this year.
- Quandre Diggs has picked off a team-high five passes. He also has 64 tackles and 10 passes defended to his name over 16 games.
Seahawks: Jarran Reed: Questionable (Oblique), Shaquill Griffin: Questionable (Hamstring)
Rams Key Players
- Jared Goff has been a dual threat to lead Los Angeles in both passing and rushing. He has 3,951 passing yards (263.4 ypg), completing 67% of his passes and tossing touchdown 20 passes and 13 interceptions over the course of 15 games this season. He's rushed for 99 yards (6.6 ypg) on 51 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- The team's top rusher, Cam Akers, has carried the ball 145 times for 625 yards (48.1 per game), with two touchdowns in 13 games this year.
- Cooper Kupp's 974 receiving yards leads all receivers on the team. He's been targeted 125 times and has registered 92 receptions and three touchdowns through 16 games (averaging 60.9 yards per game).
- Robert Woods has reeled in 90 passes (on 130 targets) for 935 yards (58.4 yards per game) and six touchdowns in 16 games this year.
- Josh Reynolds' 81 targets have resulted in 52 catches for 618 yards (38.6 ypg) and two touchdowns through 16 games played.
- Aaron Donald leads the team with 13.5 sacks through 16 games, and also has 14.0 TFL and 45 tackles.
- John Johnson is the team's top-tackler through 16 games this year. He's collected 102 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one interception.
- Darious Williams leads the team with four interceptions, while also collecting 43 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 14 passes defended over 16 games.
Rams: Micah Kiser: Questionable (Knee), Jared Goff: Questionable (Right Thumb), David Edwards: Questionable (Ankle)