The Houston Texans (4-10) take a three-game losing streak into a matchup against the Cincinnati Bengals (3-10-1) on Sunday, December 27, 2020 at NRG Stadium. Houston is favored by 7.5 points. The game has a point total of 44.5. Bet with BetMGM sports betting on Texans vs Bengals and other week 16 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, December 27, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Houston, TX
- Stadium: NRG Stadium
BetMGM NFL betting odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Texans
- Houston has played in only six games that have gone above the point total (42.9% of its opportunities).
- Houston has just a 2-4 record against the spread at home this year, and is 2-4 overall in home games.
- This year, Houston is 5-9 against the spread.
- The Texans average points scored this season (22.5) and the Bengals points allowed (25.4) are within 2.9 points of each other.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Houston is 4-2 and 3-3 against the spread.
- When the Cincinnati defense allows 25.4 points or fewer this year, the Bengals have put together a 3-4-1 overall record and a 5-3 record against the spread.
Betting on the Bengals
- Half of Cincinnati's games this year -- seven out of 14 -- have gone over the point total.
- Cincinnati has put together an 8-6 record against the spread this season.
- Cincinnati is just 3-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 0-6-1 overall on the road.
- The average points per game output for the Bengals this season, 19.4, is 8.2 fewer than the 27.6 the Texans have given up in each contest.
- Cincinnati is 3-3-1 overall and 7-0 against the spread when they score at least 19.4 points this season.
- Houston is 4-3 overall and 5-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 27.6 points.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The average total the Texans have had set in games this season is 5.6 more points than this outing's point total.
- Bengals games this year have averaged an over/under of 44.7 points, 0.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The Texans and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup's over/under (44.5 points) in 78.6% of their games this year (11 of 14 opportunities).
- The Bengals and their opponents have combined to score at least 44.5 points in 50% of their matchups this year (seven of 14 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 2.6 fewer points per game (41.9) than this matchup's total of 44.5 points.
- The Texans and the Bengals have seen their opponents average a combined 8.5 more points per game than the over/under of 44.5 set for this matchup.
Texans Key Players
- Deshaun Watson has been a dual threat to lead Houston in both passing and rushing. He has 4,134 passing yards (295.3 ypg), completing 69.9% of his passes and collecting touchdown 27 passes and six interceptions in 14 games this season. He's rushed for 394 yards (28.1 ypg) on 82 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- David Johnson's team-high 479 rushing yards (43.5 per game) have come on 121 carries, with four touchdowns in 11 games this year. He's also tacked on 27 catches for 267 yards (24.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Brandin Cooks' team-high 843 receiving yards (64.8 yards per game) have come on 63 receptions (and 93 targets) with three touchdowns through 13 games.
- Jordan Akins has recorded 355 yards (32.3 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in 32 passes on 43 targets over 11 games this year.
- Darren Fells' 20 grabs have turned into 290 yards (20.7 ypg) and three touchdowns through 14 games played. He's been targeted 27 times.
- J.J. Watt has 5.0 sacks to pace the team through 14 games, and also has 12.0 TFL, 45 tackles, and one interception.
- Zach Cunningham is the team's top-tackler through 14 games this year. He's racked up 137 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and three sacks.
- Watt has a team-leading one interception to go along with 45 tackles, 12.0 TFL, five sacks, and eight passes defended over 14 games.
Texans:Phillip Gaines: Questionable (Knee),Duke Johnson Jr.: Out (Neck)
Bengals Key Players
- Brandon Allen has been a dual threat to lead Cincinnati in both passing and rushing. He has 506 passing yards (168.7 ypg), completing 65.5% of his passes and throwing touchdown three passes and two interceptions in three games this season. He's rushed for 22 yards (7.3 ypg) on 10 carries.
- Giovani Bernard's team-high 344 rushing yards (24.6 per game) have come on 105 carries, with three touchdowns in 14 games this year. He's also added 40 catches for 289 yards (20.6 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Tyler Boyd's team-leading 840 receiving yards (60.0 yards per game) have come on 78 catches (and 107 targets) with four touchdowns through 14 games.
- Tee Higgins has put up an 809-yard season so far (57.8 yards per game) with five touchdowns, reeling in 61 passes on 97 targets over 14 games.
- A.J. Green's 43 receptions (on 91 targets) have netted him 459 yards (32.8 ypg) and two touchdowns through 14 games played.
- Carl Lawson paces the team with 5.5 sacks through 14 games, and also has 4.0 TFL and 34 tackles.
- Vonn Bell is the team's tackle leader through 14 games this year. He's picked up 101 tackles and 3.0 TFL.
- Jessie Bates III leads the team with three interceptions, while also putting up 97 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 14 passes defended over 14 games.
Bengals:Jordan Evans: Out (Hamstring),Logan Wilson: Out (Ankle),Tyler Boyd: Out (Concussion),B.J. Finney: Out (Abdomen)