The Jacksonville Jaguars (1-6) are 4.0-point underdogs in a road AFC South matchup with the Houston Texans (1-6) on Sunday, November 8, 2020 TIAA Bank Field. An over/under of 51.0 is set in the contest. Make a pick on Texans vs Jaguars and other week 9 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, November 8, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Jacksonville, FL
- Stadium: TIAA Bank Field
Bet the Game with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Texans
- This year, Houston is 1-6 against the spread.
- This season, the Texans have covered more games than they didn't when projected as 4.0-point or more favorites, finishing 1-0 ATS in those situations.
- The majority of Houston's games with a betting line -- four out of seven opportunities -- have gone over the point total (57.1%).
- The average points per game output for the Texans this season, 23.7, is 7.7 fewer than the 31.4 the Jaguars have given up in each contest.
- In games where Houston score at least 23.7 points this season, they are 1-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- Jacksonville is 1-2 overall and 1-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 31.4 points.
- Houston's record against the spread in away games this year is just 0-3, and its record on the road overall is 0-3.
Betting on the Jaguars
- Jacksonville's games have hit the over in four out of seven outings this season (57.1%).
- Jacksonville has a losing 2-5 record against the spread.
- Jacksonville has just a 1-2 record against the spread at home this year, and is 1-2 overall in home games.
- The average points per game output for the Jaguars this season, 22, is nine fewer than the 31 the Texans have given up in each contest.
- Jacksonville is 1-3 overall and 2-2 against the spread when they score at least 22 points this season.
- When Houston allows opposing offenses to put 31 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 1-2 overall and 1-2 against the spread.
Bettting on the Total - What to Look For
- The average total the Texans have had set in games this season is 3.7 more points than this outing's point total.
- The average point total for the Jaguars this year is 2.4 points higher than this game's over/under.
- In 57.1% of their games this season (four of seven chances), the Texans and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup's over/under of 51.0 points.
- Jacksonville and its opponents have combined to score at least 51.0 points in 42.9% of their matchups this year (three of seven chances).
- The two teams average a combined 5.3 less points per game (45.7) than this matchup's over/under of 51.0 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 62.4 points per game, 11.4 more than the over/under for this matchup.
Texans Key Players
- Deshaun Watson has thrown for 2,095 yards (299.3 ypg) to lead Houston, completing 69.5% of his passes and collecting touchdown 15 passes and five interceptions in seven games this season. He's also one of the team's top rushing options with 147 yards (21.0 ypg) on 30 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- David Johnson has carried the ball 101 times for a team-high 392 yards (56.0 per game), with three touchdowns in seven games this year. He's also tacked on 16 catches for 161 yards (23.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Will Fuller V's 490 receiving yards (70.0 yards per game) leads the team through seven games. He has 31 catches on 47 targets with five touchdowns.
- Brandin Cooks has put together a 427-yard season so far (61.0 yards per game) with two touchdowns, hauling in 34 passes on 51 targets over seven games.
- Randall Cobb's 30 grabs have turned into 372 yards (53.1 ypg) and two touchdowns through seven games played. He's been targeted 38 times.
- J.J. Watt has 3.0 sacks to lead the team through seven games, and also has 5.0 TFL and 23 tackles.
- Zach Cunningham, Houston's tackle leader, has 72 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two sacks in seven games this year.
- Bradley Roby has picked off a team-leading one pass. He also has 29 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and five passes defended to his name over seven games.
Texans:Kyle Emanuel: Out (Concussion),Bradley Roby: Out (Not Injury Related)
Jaguars Key Players
- Gardner Minshew has been a dual threat to lead Jacksonville in both passing and rushing. He has 1,855 passing yards (265.0 ypg), completing 65.9% of his passes and throwing touchdown 13 passes and five interceptions over seven games this season. He's rushed for 122 yards (17.4 ypg) on 25 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- The team's top rusher, James Robinson, has carried the ball 107 times for 481 yards (68.7 per game), with four touchdowns in seven games this year. He's also caught 27 passes for 225 yards (32.1 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Keelan Cole's 374 receiving yards paces all receivers on the team. He's been targeted 39 times and has collected 28 receptions and three touchdowns through seven games (averaging 53.4 yards per game).
- Laviska Shenault Jr. has reeled in 29 passes (on 38 targets) for 324 yards (46.3 yards per game) and one touchdown over seven games this year.
- D.J. Chark's 26 grabs (on 41 targets) have netted him 291 yards (48.5 ypg) and three touchdowns through six games played.
- Josh Allen leads, the team's tackle and sacks leader, has recorded 2.0 sacks, 2.0 TFL and six tackles over the course of five games.
- Josh Jones, Jacksonville's leading tackler, has 57 tackles in seven games this year.
Jaguars:Gardner Minshew II: Out (Right Thumb),Devine Ozigbo: Out (Hamstring),Dakota Allen: Out (Ankle),Shaquille Quarterman: Questionable (Knee)
This article powered by Data Skrive