The Chicago Bears (5-7) will fight to end their six-game losing streak as they are 1.5-point underdogs against the Houston Texans (4-8) on Sunday, December 13, 2020 at Soldier Field. The contest has an over/under of 46.0. Place your wager with BetMGM sports betting on Texans vs Bears and other week 14 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, December 13, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Stadium: Soldier Field
BetMGM NFL betting lines
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Texans
- This year, Houston's games have gone below the point total in six out of 12 opportunities (50%).
- Houston's record against the spread in away games this year is just 2-4, and its record on the road overall is 2-4.
- This year, Houston has assembled a losing 4-8 record against the spread.
- This season, the Texans are 2-2 ATS when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- The Texans average points scored this season (24) and the Bears points allowed (23.7) are within 0.3 points of each other.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Houston is 4-1 and 3-2 against the spread.
- When the Chicago defense allows 23.7 points or fewer this year, the Bears have put together a 4-2 overall record and a 3-3 record against the spread.
Betting on the Bears
- Just seven of Chicago's 12 games this year have gone over the point total (41.7% of its opportunities).
- Chicago has put together a losing 5-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Bears have a losing ATS record of 0-2 when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- The Bears have averaged 6.4 fewer points per game this season (20.5) than the Texans have allowed (26.9).
- Chicago is 3-3 overall and 4-2 against the spread when they score at least 20.5 points this season.
- Houston is 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 26.9 points.
- Chicago is just 2-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 2-4 overall at home.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The average total the Texans have had set in matchups this season is 4.9 more points than this outing's point total.
- The average over/under in Bears games this year is 1.8 less points than the point total of 46.0 for this outing.
- The Texans and their opponents have combined to score more than 46.0 points in 83.3% of their games this year (10 of 12 opportunities).
- The Bears have played in five games this season (out of 12 total matchups -- 41.7% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 46.0 points.
- These teams average a combined 44.5 points per game, 1.5 less points than the over/under of 46.0 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 50.6 points per game, 4.6 more than the over/under for this game.
Texans Key Players
- Deshaun Watson has been a dual threat to lead Houston in both passing and rushing. He has 3,542 passing yards (295.2 ypg), completing 68.8% of his passes and recording touchdown 24 passes and six interceptions in 12 games this season. He's rushed for 331 yards (27.6 ypg) on 69 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- In 10 games this season, Duke Johnson Jr. has rushed for 209 yards (20.9 per game) on 69 carries with one touchdown, while also catching 26 passes for 196 yards (19.6 per game) and one touchdown.
- Brandin Cooks' team-leading 784 receiving yards (65.3 yards per game) have come on 57 catches (and 86 targets) with three touchdowns through 12 games.
- Jordan Akins has put up a 285-yard season so far (31.7 yards per game) with one touchdown, reeling in 24 passes on 31 targets over nine games.
- Darren Fells' 26 targets have resulted in 19 grabs for 275 yards (22.9 ypg) and three touchdowns through 12 games played.
- J.J. Watt has 5.0 sacks to pace the team through 12 games, and also has 11.0 TFL, 42 tackles, and one interception.
- Zach Cunningham, Houston's leading tackler, has 119 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and three sacks in 12 games this year.
- Watt has picked off a team-leading one pass. He also has 42 tackles, 11.0 TFL, five sacks, and eight passes defended to his name over 12 games.
Texans: AJ McCarron: Questionable (Not Injury Related), Keke Coutee: Questionable (Knee), Phillip Gaines: Questionable (Knee), Keion Crossen: Questionable (Foot), Pharaoh Brown: Out (Concussion), Jonathan Greenard: Questionable (Illness), Brandin Cooks: Questionable (Foot), John Reid: Questionable (Neck)
Bears Key Players
- Nick Foles leads Chicago with 1,852 passing yards (231.5 ypg) on 202-of-311 with 10 touchdowns against eight interceptions over the course of eight games this season. He also has 3 rushing yards (0.4 ypg) on 14 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- In 12 games this season, Cordarrelle Patterson has racked up 185 yards (15.4 per game) on 53 attempts with one touchdown.
- Allen Robinson II's team-leading 904 receiving yards (75.3 yards per game) have come on 77 catches (and 115 targets) with five touchdowns through 12 games.
- Anthony Miller has put up a 433-yard season so far (36.1 yards per game) with two touchdowns, hauling in 42 passes on 68 targets in 12 games.
- Darnell Mooney's 40 catches (on 71 targets) have netted him 428 yards (35.7 ypg) and two touchdowns through 12 games played.
- Khalil Mack paces, the team's tackle and sacks leader, has collected 6.5 sacks, 8.0 TFL, 39 tackles, and one interception over the course of 12 games.
- Roquan Smith is the team's leading tackler through 12 games this year. He's collected 111 tackles, 15.0 TFL, and two sacks.
- Tashaun Gipson leads the team with two interceptions, while also recording 53 tackles and five passes defended over 12 games.
Bears: Khalil Mack: Questionable (Shoulder), J.P. Holtz: Questionable (Shoulder), James Vaughters: Out (Knee), Buster Skrine: Out (Concussion)