The Tennessee Titans (10-5) visit the Houston Texans (4-11) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 in matchup between AFC South opponents at NRG Stadium. Houston is a touchdown underdog. The game has an over/under of 54.5. Bet with BetMGM sports betting on Titans vs Texans and other week 17 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Houston, TX
- Stadium: NRG Stadium
Bet the Game with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Titans
- Tennessee is just 3-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 5-2 overall on the road.
- This year, Tennessee has put together a losing 7-8 record against the spread.
- This season, the Titans have an ATS record of 2-2 when playing as at least 7.0-point favorites.
- This season, Tennessee's games have gone over the point total in 12 out of 15 opportunities.
- The Texans defense has allowed 28.2 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 30 the Titans have scored.
- In games where Tennessee score at least 30 points this season, they are 8-1 overall and 6-3 against the spread.
- Houston is 4-4 overall and 5-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 28.2 points.
Betting on the Texans
- Just eight of Houston's 15 games this year have gone over the point total (46.7% of its opportunities).
- Houston has compiled a losing 5-10 record against the spread this season.
- The Texans have a losing ATS record of 0-1 when playing as at least 7.0-point underdogs.
- Houston has just a 2-5 record against the spread at home this year, and is 2-5 overall in home games.
- The average points per game output for the Texans this season, 23.1, is 3.6 fewer than the 26.7 the Titans have given up in each contest.
- In games where Houston scores at least 23.1 points this season, they are 4-2 overall and 3-3 against the spread.
- Tennessee is 7-0 overall and 6-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 26.7 points.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The Titans and their opponents have put up more than 54.5 points in 46.7% of their outings this year (seven of 15 opportunities).
- Houston has played in four games this season (out of 15 total matchups -- 26.7% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 54.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 1.4 less points per game (53.1) than this matchup's total of 54.5 points.
- The Titans and the Texans have seen their opponents average a combined 0.4 more points per game than the over/under of 54.5 set in this game.
- The average point total for Titans games this year is 2.2 more points than the total of 54.5 in this matchup.
- The average total in Texans games this year is 3.2 fewer points than the point total of 54.5 for this outing.
Titans Key Players
- Ryan Tannehill has been a dual threat to lead Tennessee in both passing and rushing. He has 3,601 passing yards (240.1 ypg), completing 65.4% of his passes and tossing touchdown 32 passes and seven interceptions over 15 games this season. He's rushed for 228 yards (15.2 ypg) on 36 carries with five rushing touchdowns.
- Derrick Henry has carried the ball 344 times for a team-high 1,777 yards (118.5 per game), with 15 touchdowns in 15 games this year.
- Corey Davis' 945 receiving yards (63.0 yards per game) leads the team through 15 games. He has 60 receptions on 81 targets with five touchdowns.
- A.J. Brown has put up a 922-yard season so far (70.9 yards per game) with 10 touchdowns, hauling in 60 passes on 95 targets over 13 games.
- Jonnu Smith's 63 targets have resulted in 40 receptions for 440 yards (31.4 ypg) and eight touchdowns through 14 games played.
- Harold Landry has 4.0 sacks to pace the team through 15 games, and also has 9.0 TFL, 63 tackles, and one interception.
- Kevin Byard, Tennessee's tackle leader, has 106 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception in 15 games this year.
- Malcolm Butler has a team-high four interceptions to go along with 93 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 15 passes defended over 15 games.
Titans:Khari Blasingame: Questionable (Ankle),Derick Roberson: Out (Hamstring),Daren Bates: Questionable (Hip)
Texans Key Players
- Deshaun Watson has been a dual threat to lead Houston in both passing and rushing. He has 4,458 passing yards (297.2 ypg), completing 70.1% of his passes and tossing touchdown 30 passes and six interceptions in 15 games this season. He's rushed for 432 yards (28.8 ypg) on 87 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- The team's top rusher, David Johnson, has carried the ball 133 times for 607 yards (50.6 per game), with five touchdowns in 12 games this year. He's also caught 30 passes for 278 yards (23.2 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Brandin Cooks' 984 receiving yards paces all receivers on the team. He's been targeted 103 times and has totaled 70 receptions and four touchdowns through 14 games (averaging 70.3 yards per game).
- Jordan Akins has put up a 394-yard season so far (32.8 yards per game) with one touchdown, reeling in 36 passes on 47 targets in 12 games.
- Darren Fells' 29 targets have resulted in 21 grabs for 312 yards (20.8 ypg) and four touchdowns through 15 games played.
- J.J. Watt paces the team with 5.0 sacks. He's also the team's tackle leader, and has racked up 12.0 TFL, 48 tackles, and one interception over the course of 15 games.
- Zach Cunningham is the team's tackle leader through 15 games this year. He's racked up 151 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and three sacks.
Texans:Duke Johnson Jr.: Questionable (Neck),Brent Qvale: Out (Concussion),Phillip Gaines: Questionable (Knee),Laremy Tunsil: Doubtful (Ankle)