The Minnesota Vikings (6-9), who have lost three games in a row, are 4.0-point favorites against the Detroit Lions (5-10), losers of three straight, on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Ford Field. An over/under of 53.5 is set in the game. Bet with BetMGM sports betting on Vikings vs Lions and other week 17 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Detroit, MI
- Stadium: Ford Field
BetMGM NFL betting odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Vikings
- Minnesota's record against the spread in away games this year is 4-3, and its record on the road overall is 3-4.
- This year, Minnesota has compiled a losing 6-9 record against the spread.
- This season, the Vikings have a losing ATS record of 0-2 when playing as at least 4.0-point favorites.
- This season, Minnesota's games have gone over the point total in 10 out of 15 opportunities.
- The Vikings have averaged 5.9 fewer points per game this season (26.2) than the Lions have allowed (32.1).
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Minnesota is 5-5 and 4-6 against the spread.
- When the Detroit defense allows 32.1 points or fewer this year, the Lions have accumulated a 5-3 overall record and a 6-2 record against the spread.
Betting on the Lions
- 9 Detroit's 15 games this year have gone over the point total (60% of its outings).
- Detroit has a losing 6-9 record against the spread.
- Detroit is just 2-5 against the spread in home games this year, and is 1-6 overall at home.
- The Lions have averaged 6.5 fewer points per game this season (22.8) than the Vikings have allowed (29.3).
- Detroit is 5-5 overall and 6-4 against the spread when they score at least 22.8 points this season.
- Minnesota is 6-3 overall and 5-4 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 29.3 points.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The Vikings and their opponents have combined to put up more than 53.5 points in 60% of their outings this season (nine of 15 opportunities).
- Detroit has played in 10 games this season (out of 15 total matchups -- 66.7% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 53.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 49 points per game, 4.5 fewer points than the total of 53.5 set for this matchup.
- The Vikings and the Lions have seen their opponents average a combined 7.9 more points per game than the point total of 53.5 set in this game.
- The average total the Vikings have had set in games this season is 2.0 more points than this outing's point total.
- Lions games this year have averaged an over/under of 54.9 points, 1.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
Vikings Key Players
- Kirk Cousins has 3,860 passing yards (257.3 ypg) to lead Minnesota, completing 67.4% of his passes and throwing touchdown 32 passes and 13 interceptions in 15 games this season. He's also contributed on the ground with 155 rushing yards (10.3 ypg) on 28 carries.
- Dalvin Cook has carried the ball 312 times for a team-high 1,557 yards (111.2 per game), with 16 touchdowns in 14 games this year. He's also caught 44 passes for 361 yards (25.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- In 12 games this season, Alexander Mattison has rushed for 339 yards (28.3 per game) on 75 carries with one touchdown.
- Justin Jefferson's team-leading 1,267 receiving yards (84.5 yards per game) have come on 79 receptions (and 113 targets) with seven touchdowns through 15 games.
- Adam Thielen has recorded 868 yards (57.9 yards per game) and 14 touchdowns, reeling in 70 passes on 103 targets over 15 games this year.
- Ifeadi Odenigbo has collected 3.5 sacks to pace the team through 15 games, while also picking up 3.0 TFL and 36 tackles.
- Eric Wilson is the team's top-tackler through 15 games this year. He's collected 110 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and three interceptions.
- Harrison Smith has a team-high four interceptions to go along with 80 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and nine passes defended over 15 games.
Vikings:Jalyn Holmes: Out (Groin),Dan Bailey: Questionable (Back),Dalvin Cook: Out (Not Injury Related),Ifeadi Odenigbo: Out (Chest),Chris Jones: Out (Groin),Cameron Dantzler: Out (Hamstring),Eric Kendricks: Out (Calf)
Lions Key Players
- Matthew Stafford leads Detroit with 3,791 passing yards (252.7 ypg) on 319-of-497 with 23 touchdowns against nine interceptions over the course of 15 games this season.
- The team's top rusher, Adrian Peterson, has carried the ball 149 times for 541 yards (36.1 per game), with six touchdowns in 15 games this year. He's proven to be a dual threat, hauling in 101 receiving yards (6.7 per game) on 12 catches.
- In 12 games this season, D'Andre Swift has rushed for 467 yards (38.9 per game) on 102 carries with seven touchdowns, while also catching 43 passes for 341 yards (28.4 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Marvin Jones Jr.'s 798 receiving yards leads all receivers on the team. He's been targeted 104 times and has registered 68 catches and seven touchdowns through 15 games (averaging 53.2 yards per game).
- T.J. Hockenson has put together a 698-yard season so far (46.5 yards per game) with six touchdowns, hauling in 64 passes on 98 targets over 15 games.
- Romeo Okwara paces, the team's tackle and sacks leader, has amassed 9.0 sacks, 10.0 TFL and 43 tackles over the course of 15 games.
- Jamie Collins Sr., Detroit's leading tackler, has 102 tackles, 6.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception in 14 games this year.
- Duron Harmon leads the team with two interceptions, while also recording 60 tackles and four passes defended over 15 games.
Lions:Jamie Collins Sr.: Questionable (Neck),Tyrell Crosby: Out (Ankle),Kenny Golladay: Out (Hip),Matthew Stafford: Questionable (Right Thumb),Frank Ragnow: Questionable (Throat),Joe Dahl: Out (Back)