NFC North opponents meet when the Minnesota Vikings (2-5) host the Detroit Lions (3-4) on Sunday, November 8, 2020 U.S. Bank Stadium. Minnesota is favored by 2.0 points. An over/under of 55.0 is set in the contest. Bet on Vikings vs Lions and other week 9 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, November 8, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Stadium: U.S. Bank Stadium
Bet the Game with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Vikings
- This season, Minnesota's games have gone over the point total in five out of seven opportunities.
- Minnesota is just 1-2 against the spread in home games this year, and is 0-3 overall at home.
- Minnesota has a 4-3 record against the spread this year.
- This season, the Vikings are just 0-2 ATS when projected as at least 2.0-point favorites.
- The average points per game output for the Vikings this season, 26.1, is 3.3 fewer than the 29.4 the Lions have given up in each contest.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Minnesota is 2-2 and 3-1 against the spread.
- Detroit is 3-1 overall and 3-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 29.4 points.
Betting on the Lions
- Four Detroit's seven games this year have gone over the point total (57.1% of its opportunities).
- Detroit has a losing 3-4 record against the spread.
- The Lions have an even ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 2.0-point underdogs.
- Detroit's record against the spread in away games this year is 3-1, and its record on the road overall is 3-1.
- The Lions have averaged 5.3 fewer points per game this season (25.3) than the Vikings have allowed (30.6).
- Detroit is 2-1 overall and 2-1 against the spread when they score at least 25.3 points this season.
- When Minnesota allows opposing offenses to put 30.6 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 2-2 overall and 3-1 against the spread.
Bettting on the Total - What to Look For
- In 42.9% of their opportunities this year (three of seven chances), the Vikings and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup's point total of 55.0 points.
- In three of seven outings (42.9%) this year, Detroit has combined with its opponents to score more than 55.0 points.
- The two teams average a combined 3.6 less points per game (51.4) than this matchup's over/under of 55.0 points.
- The Vikings and the Lions have seen their opponents average a combined 5.0 more points per game than the over/under of 55.0 set in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Vikings have had set in games this year is 1.7 more points than this outing's point total.
- The average total in Lions games this year is 0.3 fewer points than the point total of 55.0 in this outing.
Vikings Key Players
- Kirk Cousins has 1,635 passing yards (233.6 ypg) to lead Minnesota, completing 65.6% of his passes and tossing touchdown 12 passes and 10 interceptions over seven games this season.
- Dalvin Cook has carried the ball 122 times for a team-high 652 yards (108.7 per game), with 10 touchdowns in six games this year. He's also tacked on 14 catches for 127 yards (21.2 per game) and one touchdown.
- In seven games this season, Alexander Mattison has collected 253 yards (36.1 per game) on 57 attempts with one touchdown.
- Justin Jefferson's team-high 563 receiving yards (80.4 yards per game) have come on 31 receptions (and 40 targets) with three touchdownsthrough seven games.
- Adam Thielen has totaled 442 yards (63.1 yards per game) and seven touchdowns, reeling in 35 passes on 53 targets in seven games this year.
- Irv Smith Jr.'s 17 targets have resulted in 11 grabs for 149 yards (21.3 ypg) through seven games played.
- Ifeadi Odenigbo has 2.5 sacks to lead the team through seven games, and also has 2.0 TFL and 21 tackles.
- Eric Kendricks, Minnesota's top-tackler, has 78 tackles and 2.0 TFL in seven games this year.
- Eric Wilson has a team-high two interceptions to go along with 35 tackles, 4.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended over seven games.
Vikings: Harrison Hand: Questionable (Hamstring), Holton Hill: Out (Foot), Mark Fields: Out (Chest), Cameron Dantzler: Out (Concussion)
Lions Key Players
- Matthew Stafford has 1,916 passing yards (273.7 ypg) to lead Detroit, completing 61.4% of his passes and recording touchdown 13 passes and five interceptions over the course of seven games this season. He's also contributed on the ground with 77 rushing yards (11.0 ypg) on 17 carries.
- The team's top rusher, Adrian Peterson, has carried the ball 85 times for 321 yards (45.9 per game), with two touchdowns in seven games this year.
- In seven games this season, D'Andre Swift has collected 186 yards (26.6 per game) on 41 attempts with four touchdowns, while also catching 23 passes for 174 yards (24.9 per game) and one touchdown.
- Kenny Golladay's 338 receiving yards leads all receivers on the team. He's been targeted 32 times and has totaled 20 receptions and two touchdowns through five games (averaging 67.6 yards per game).
- Danny Amendola has reeled in 18 passes (on 31 targets) for 324 yards (46.3 yards per game) in seven games this year.
- T.J. Hockenson's 41 targets have resulted in 29 grabs for 321 yards (45.9 ypg) and four touchdowns through seven games played.
- Romeo Okwara leads, the team's tackle and sacks leader, has racked up 5.0 sacks, 6.0 TFL and 21 tackles over the course of seven games.
- Tracy Walker is the team's top-tackler through seven games this year. He's amassed 47 tackles and 3.0 TFL.
- Duron Harmon leads the team with two interceptions, while also recording 25 tackles and four passes defended over seven games.
Lions: Halapoulivaati Vaitai: Questionable (Foot), Christian Jones: Questionable (Knee), Kenny Golladay: Out (Hip), Joe Dahl: Questionable (Back), Darryl Roberts: Questionable (Hip), Jamal Agnew: Out (Ribs), Tracy Walker: Out (Foot)
This article powered by Data Skrive