The Carolina Panthers (4-10) bring a three-game losing streak into a matchup with the Washington Football Team (6-8) on Sunday, December 27, 2020 at FedExField. Washington is just a 1.0-point favorite in the game. An over/under of 41.5 is set in the game. Make a pick with BetMGM’s online sportsbook on Washington vs Washington and other week 16 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, December 27, 2020
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Landover, MD
- Stadium: FedExField
BetMGM NFL betting lines
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on Washington
- Washington has an 8-5-1 record against the spread.
- Washington is 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 1.0-point favorites.
- Most of Washington’s games this year — eight out of 14 — have finished underthe point total (57.1%).
- Washington puts up 21.6 points per game, 3.8 fewer than Carolina gives up per outing (25.4).
- Washington is 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall a season ago when the team puts up at least 21.6 points.
- Carolina has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 1-5 record overall in games when it allows 23.1 points or less.
- Washington’s record against the spread in home games this year is 4-2-1, and its record at home overall is 3-4.
Betting on the Panthers
- Carolina has an 8-6 record against the spread.
- Carolina has a losing ATS record of 0-3 when playing as at least 1.0-point underdogs.
- Carolina’s games have hit the over in seven out of 14 outings this season (50%).
- Carolina racks up just two more points per game (23.1) than Washington gives up (21.1).
- Carolina is 4-2 against the spread and 1-5 overall a season ago when the team puts up at least 23.1 points.
- This season, Washington has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 21.6 or fewer points.
- Carolina has a 6-1 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 2-5 overall in away games.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- Seven of Washington’s games have gone over 41.5 points this season (50% of matchups).
- Carolina has played nine games this year that ended with a combined score over 41.5 points (64.3% of its outings).
- The teams combine to score 44.7 points per game, 3.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Opponents of these two teams put up 46.5 combined points per game, 5.0 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Washington’s outings this year have an average total of 42.6, 1.1 more points than this game’s over/under.
- Carolina’s contests this season have a 48.5-point average over/under, 7.0 more points than this game’s point total.
Washington Key Players
- Alex Smith leads Washington with 1,420 passing yards (202.9 ypg) on 146-of-220 with four touchdowns against six interceptions over the course of seven games this season.
- Antonio Gibson’s team-high 659 rushing yards (54.9 per game) have come on 141 carries, with 11 touchdowns in 12 games this year. He’s also tacked on 32 catches for 233 yards (19.4 per game).
- In 14 games this season, J.D. McKissic has rushed for 350 yards (25.0 per game) on 79 carries with one touchdown, while also hauling in 482 yards (34.4 per game) on 67 catches and one touchdown.
- Terry McLaurin’s team-high 1,078 receiving yards (77.0 yards per game) have come on 80 catches (and 126 targets) with three touchdowns through 14 games.
- Logan Thomas has put together a 570-yard season so far (40.7 yards per game) with five touchdowns, hauling in 62 passes on 92 targets over 14 games.
- Montez Sweat has collected 7.0 sacks to pace the team through 14 games, while also picking up 10.0 TFL, 38 tackles, and one interception.
- Jon Bostic, Washington’s top-tackler, has 103 tackles, 4.0 TFL, two sacks, and one interception in 14 games this year.
- Kendall Fuller has a team-leading four interceptions to go along with 40 tackles and nine passes defended over 12 games.
Thomas Davis Sr.: Out (Not Injury Related),
Alex Smith: Questionable (Calf),
Kevin Pierre-Louis: Questionable (Ankle),
Antonio Gibson: Questionable (Toe),
Terry McLaurin: Doubtful (Ankle)
Panthers Key Players
- Teddy Bridgewater leads Carolina with 3,361 passing yards (258.5 ypg) on 308-of-442 with 14 touchdowns against eight interceptions over the course of 13 games this season. He also adds 265 rushing yards (20.4 ypg) on 44 carries while scoring five touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Mike Davis, has carried the ball 151 times for 614 yards (43.9 per game), with five touchdowns in 14 games this year. He’s also caught 59 passes for 373 yards (26.6 per game) and two touchdowns.
- In 13 games this season, Bridgewater has piled up 44 carries for 265 yards (20.4 per game)and five touchdowns.
- D.J. Moore’s team-high 1,055 receiving yards (75.4 yards per game) have come on 56 catches (and 97 targets) with four touchdowns through 14 games.
- Robby Anderson has put up a 1,018-yard season so far (72.7 yards per game) with two touchdowns, hauling in 85 passes on 121 targets over 14 games.
- Brian Burns has 7.0 sacks to pace the team through 14 games, and also has 7.0 TFL and 57 tackles.
- Jeremy Chinn, Carolina’s leading tackler, has 100 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception in 13 games this year.
Russell Okung: Doubtful (Calf),
Bravvion Roy: Questionable (Knee),
Brian Burns: Questionable (Knee),
Troy Pride Jr.: Doubtful (Hip),
Christian McCaffrey: Doubtful (Thigh),
Adarius Taylor: Questionable (Ankle),
Austin Larkin: Questionable (Shoulder)