Football Betting Odds & Online Football Betting
There’s a reason football remains the most popular sport – by a massive margin – in the United States: It’s high-level and unpredictable entertainment for all ages. And for those looking to up the ante on the excitement of football this year, there are plenty of online sports betting opportunities.
- Against the spread: If you’re betting against the spread, you’re betting for either the favorite to win by a certain number of points (i.e., the spread) or an underdog to win outright or keep it within a certain number of points.
- Money line betting: Place your football bet on the winner of the game, regardless of the score.
- Over/under totals: Will the two teams combine for more (over) or fewer (under) points than the over/under game total?
- Half and/or quarter: Place various bets (e.g., spread or money line) on one half or one quarter of a game.
- Props: Bet on how the first points are scored, the distance of the longest field goal, or the player with the most receiving yards in one game.
- Futures: You can place bets on Super Bowl odds, NFL MVP odds, college football national championship odds, or other individual and team outcomes days, weeks, or months in advance.
- Live betting: Live football betting has exploded in popularity as fans place live bets during the game. From the opening kickoff through the final horn, you can get closer to the action with live sports betting.
How to Bet on Football
When you’re searchingonline, pro football betting odds are easy to understand.
For example, the San Francisco 49ers might be -7 (-110) over the Seattle Seahawks, who are +7 (-110).
If you bet on the 49ers -7, San Francisco must win by eight points or more for your betting slip to be a winner. If you take the Seahawks +7, Seattle can lose by six points or fewer — which includes beating the 49ers outright — and you’ll win. If it’s a seven-point game, the bet is a push, and your stake is returned.
As for the odds of -110 (aka the vig or juice), it means you must bet $110 to win $100. If, for example, you win a $100 bet for the 49ers to cover, your payout is $190.91.
Sometimes the book will set the juice at -120, so your winnings will go down a touch more. However, you may also see contests where the vig is EVEN. That means the sports book is setting even odds to pay out a winning bet.
There are also odds for money lines. If a team is -315 on the money line, you must wager $315 to win $100 if that team wins. If a team is +315 on the money line, you must wager $100 to win $315 if that team wins.
Lastly, totals are a highly entertaining bet. Even if a game is out of reach, the total could be in play. If an over/under total is 48.5, you need to bet the over (49 points or more) or the under (48 points or fewer). Your bet will or won’t cash based on the final combined point total at the end of the game.
Bet on Football Odds
Check out updated football odds at BetMGM to place your bet online.