Basketball Betting & Basketball Odds Online
It’s basketball season at BetMGM, and you have more basketball betting opportunities than ever before.
As Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Milwaukee Bucks attempt to defend their NBA championship, you can bet on NBA odds for the 2022 NBA Finals. From NBA futures and NBA Draft odds to props and sports betting promotions, you have access to everything at the BetMGM sportsbook.
How to bet on basketball odds
Regardless if you’re betting on your phone with mobile sports betting or on your computer with online sports betting, there are a variety of ways to bet on basketball, including live betting, money line bets, parlays, halftime betting, and futures.
- Live sports betting: With live sports betting, you can place live bets during a game. From the opening tip through the final buzzer, live basketball betting is available for thousands of games every year. While you’re watching a game on TV or tracking scores online, check out BetMGM live betting for the high-level entertainment of in-game wagering.
- Money line: This is the most common and simple basketball bet. On the money line, you bet on a certain team to win the game. If the Brooklyn Nets are -150 money line favorites to beat the Los Angeles Lakers, you could profit $33.33 with a Nets’ win.
- Over/under (totals): Essentially betting on the combined score for each team. If the total for a Washington Wizards-Indiana Pacers game is 225, you can bet they’ll combine for fewer (i.e., under) or more (i.e., over) points than 225. Over/under total odds are also available for quarters and halves in the NBA, college basketball, WNBA, and other events and leagues.
- Spread: Betting on a particular margin of victory. You will need a team to win by a certain amount of points or more, or for a team to lose by a certain number of points or more for your bet to be successful. If LaMelo Ball and the Charlotte Hornets are 3.5-point favorites over Cade Cunningham and the Detroit Pistons, the Hornets must win by at least four points to cover the spread and cash spread bets. The Pistons must lose by fewer than four points (or win) to cover their spread.
- Halftime Lines: A savvy bettor knows that halftime doesn’t mean it’s time to change the channel. Instead, it’s time to take advantage of halftime lines which are available during halftime only. Here, you bet on an entirely new spread taking into account what happened in the first half of the game.
- Parlays: This wager allows you to combine all your bets to increase your payout. However, in order to win, all your selections need to be correct. At BetMGM, you can bet on One Game Parlays or build your own parlay, all of which come with bigger potential payouts and more excitement.
- Futures and outrights: Another popular market where you bet on the championship winner, conference winners, division winners, and MVPs. Do you think Nikola Jokic will repeat as MVP? Or Juwan Howard will lead Michigan to their first national championship since 1989? Or perhaps Michigan State will win the Big Ten Championship?