Football Betting Odds & Online Football Betting
Unpredictable, high-level entertainment is back in 2021 as college football and the NFL returned with full stadiums and full schedules. And with the full schedules – and the addition of a 17th game in the NFL – come plenty of online sports betting opportunities.
- Against the spread: If you’re betting against the spread, you’re betting for either the favorite to win by a certain number of points (i.e., the spread) or an underdog to win outright or keep it within a certain number of points.
- Money line betting: Place your football bet on the winner of the game, regardless of the score.
- Over/under totals: Will the two teams combine for more (over) or fewer (under) points than the over/under game total?
- Half and/or quarter: Place various bets (e.g., spread or money line) on one half or one quarter of a game.
- Props: Bet on how the first points are scored, the distance of the longest field goal, the player with the most receiving yards in one game, and dozens more.
- Futures: You can place bets on Super Bowl odds, NFL MVP odds, college football national championship odds, or other individual and team outcomes days, weeks, or months in advance.
Live Football Betting
Live betting has exploded in popularity as fans get closer to the action with live NFL bets and live college football bets.
From the opening kickoff through the final whistle, you can get closer to the action with live sports betting. Whether you’re watching Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs from your couch, Bryce Young and Alabama on your phone, or Baker Mayfield and the Cleveland Browns from FirstEnergy Stadium in Cleveland, you can place in-game wagers with live NFL betting odds and live college football betting odds.
How to Bet on Football
When you’re browsing odds at the sportsbook, pro football betting odds are easy to understand. Here’s an example for a game between the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks:
Spread: 49ers (-7, -110), Seahawks (+7, +110)
Money Line: 49ers -225, Seahawks +180
Over/Under Total: 47.5 (Over -110, Under -110)
If you bet on Jimmy Garoppolo (or potentially Trey Lance) and the 49ers -7, San Francisco must win by eight points or more for your betting slip to be a winner. If you take Russell Wilson and the Seahawks +7, Seattle can lose by six points or fewer — which includes beating the 49ers outright — and you’ll win. If it’s a seven-point game, the bet is a push, and your stake is returned.
As for the odds of -110 (aka the vig or juice), it means you must bet $110 to win $100. If, for example, you win a $100 bet for the 49ers to cover, your payout is $190.91.
If you place a money line bet, you’re picking that team to win with a potential payout determined by the odds. The margin of victory is irrelevant.
And an over/under total bet is a wager placed on the combined number of points scored by both teams. If the final score is 24-20, the under hits. If the final score is 31-20, the over hits.