Football Betting Odds & Online Football Betting
The excitement of college football betting and NFL betting returned in 2021 with full stadiums and full schedules. And with the full schedules – including the addition of a 17th game in the NFL – came thousands of football betting opportunities.
Those betting opportunities are back in 2022, starting with NFL futures during the offseason as we look ahead to the 2022 football season.
Bet on Football Odds
- Against the spread: If you’re betting against the spread, you’re betting for either the favorite to win by a certain number of points (i.e., the spread) or an underdog to win outright or keep it within a certain number of points. If a team wins (or loses) by the spread, it’s a push.
- Moneyline betting: Place your online football bet on the winner of the game regardless of the score.
- Over/under totals: Will two teams combine for more (over) or fewer (under) points than the over/under game total? If they combine for the exact game total, it’s a push.
- Half and/or quarter: Place various bets (e.g., spread or moneyline) on one half or one quarter of a game.
- Props bets: Bet on how the first points are scored, the distance of the longest touchdown, or the player with the most rushing yards in one game. There are dozens of team and player prop bets for each game.
- Futures: You can place bets on NFL MVP odds, college football national championship odds, or other individual and team outcomes.
Live Football Betting
Live sports betting has exploded in popularity as fans get closer to the action with live NFL bets. From the opening kickoff through the final whistle, you can place live bets on any game.
Whether you’re watching Cooper Kupp and the Los Angeles Rams from your living room, Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs from a bar, or Jonathan Taylor and the Indianapolis Colts from the front row at Lucas Oil stadium, you can place live bets throughout the game.
When the NFL preseason begins in August, check out live NFL betting to get a feel for the excitement. And when the regular season begins in September, you’ll be a seasoned pro at betting on live odds!
How to Bet on Football
When you’re browsing online odds at the sportsbook, pro football betting odds are easy to understand. Here’s an example for a game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles:
Spread: Steelers (-3.5, -110), Eagles (+3.5, +110)
Moneyline: Steelers -130, Eagles +110
Over/Under Total: 47.5 (Over -110, Under -110)
If you bet on Najee Harris and the Steelers at -3.5, they must win by at least four points for your bet to cash.
If you bet on Jalen Hurts and the Eagles at +3.5, they must lose three points or fewer — which includes beating the Steelers outright.
As for the odds of -110 (aka the vig or juice), it shows how much you win if your bet cashes. If, for example, you win a $100 bet for the Steelers to cover, your payout is $190.91. Don’t worry about calculating odds or potential payouts; BetMGM automatically calculates them on your bet slip.
If you place a moneyline bet, you’re picking that team to win with a potential payout determined by the odds. The margin of victory is irrelevant.
And an over/under total bet is a wager placed on the combined number of points scored by both teams. If the final score is 24-20, the under hits. If the final score is 31-20, the over hits.
Bet on Football Odds
With live betting, parlays, and more, there’s something for everyone in football betting odds at the online sportsbook!
Select from the live events list to view media.