Live Sports Betting
Get involved in the action as it happens with live betting at BetMGM! Foul-outs and red cards, surprise scores, incredible individual performances, and shifting lines make live betting one of the most exciting forms of wagering on offer.
With exceptional betting flexibility and tons of adrenaline during live games, it’s the perfect betting experience for those looking for a little extra immersion.
Sports betting traditionally only takes place before a sporting event. However, with BetMGM you can now bet in real-time as you watch! With on-the-minute action, unexpected results, and constantly shifting odds, live betting is an exciting and dynamic way to add even more adrenaline to your betting experience.
In live sports betting, you can bet on pretty much any aspect of the game after it has started. You could bet on the scorer of the next goal in a Manchester United vs. Liverpool Game, or make a bet on the winner if you sense the momentum shifting before your eyes! You can bet on a single drive or each play in a football game, or you could bet on the scores for each quarter or each half.
There is so much to take advantage of when it comes to live betting. The odds will shift in-game according to how the game is going, which means that you can benefit from placing your bet under more favorable odds.
If high-paced action and finding edges during a sporting event are your strengths, then live betting could be your perfect betting partner.
Bet with BetMGM to get the best sports bets today!
Live Betting FAQs
1. What is live betting on sports?
Live betting is when you place your money on a certain outcome in a live sports event.
For example, if Tiger Woods is expected to take a golfing tournament by a country mile, but his first nine is well below his usual standards, you can then bet on Phil Mickelson to win the tournament. Alternatively, you could still place your bet on Tiger Woods, as the odds would have shifted. Should he still place first, you’ll win more money than if you had placed the bet before the tournament started.
2. What sports bets to make today?
There is a wide array of betting options when it comes to live betting and the most common are:
- Traditional bets: The usual bets that you get in sports betting, such as totals, wins, and over/under bets. However, the odds are likely to change depending on how the game is going.
- Prop bets: Prop bets are when you bet on a specific play/aspect of the match. For example, Rob Gronkowski is having a poor first half but you still think he is going to score over 1.5 touchdowns – if you bet on this at half-time, the odds will be in your favor due to the poor first half, but if he pulls it off you’ll be winning more money.
- Parlay bets: Parlay, accumulator, or combo bets involve more than one bet and all of your bets on the card must be correct in order for you to win. For example, you are betting on the Arsenal vs. Leicester game and you see that Leicester is looking stronger, but you also notice that Jaimie Vardy is sharp on the ball; you could bet that Leicester will win the game, Jaimie Vardy will score the winning goal, and there will be over 1.5 goals in the game. Combining the bets gives you worse odds, but larger rewards for winning.
3. What sports to bet on today?
At BetMGM, we have a wide array of sports for you to bet on. All you have to do is check out what sports are live. You can bet on anything from soccer and tennis to football, baseball, darts, and everything else in between.
Select from the live events list to view media.