Golf Betting Odds
When it comes to finding bang for your buck in the sports betting world, you don’t get much better than golf. With a whole host of global tours, a year-round calendar, and the four major tournaments, it’s not hard to find a golfing event to try your betting hand at.
There’s never a shortage of golf betting opportunities. With around 156 players to bet on, a good starting point would be to look at the current form of the players when considering the latest golf odds. You can take your pick of the masters of the game, like Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnson (winner of the FedEx Cup), and Brooks Koepka, or pick from a host of exciting up-and-coming players like 2020 Puerto Rico Open winner Viktor Hovland (who was also the first Norwegian to win on the PGA Tour).
What’s great about betting on golf is the sheer number of betting options available. The best part is that as you bet and learn more about the players and the game, the more interesting your betting experience can become. We’ve included some of the options below:
- Tournament winner
- First-round leader
- Hole in one
- National leaders and much more
So, whether you think Bryson DeChambeau’s 2020 U.S. Open victory is enough momentum to set a streak of wins, Collin Morikawa’s PGA Championship performance is a sign of things to come, Phil Mickelson has another green jacket in him, or if you’re convinced the US team can surge to victory against team Europe in the Ryder Cup, there’s a bet just waiting for you.
Knowing your golf betting odds will make betting on your favorite tournaments as much fun as it would be to play them. From U.S. Open betting to U.S. Masters betting and every tournament in between, there are so many talented golf players to place your bets on. BetMGM’s online sportsbook casino offers you the ideal convenience while you get the best value for money, and keeps you informed and at the top of your game so that you can have fun placing bets with confidence.
Golf Betting FAQs
1. How to bet on golf?
For 37 weeks of the year, there is golf to bet on, and sometimes more than one tournament happening a week. There are a huge number of options available and understanding golf betting odds will make your attempts at betting much more successful. These are the main sports betting options you’ll find for golf:
- To win bets: When you bet on which player will win a particular tournament.
- Each-way bets: This involves two bets on one player. You bet on them winning, but if they don’t win, then you can bet on which position they will finish in.
- First-round leader bets: In every golf tournament, every 18 holes are considered to be one round of play. Big tournaments are normally made up of 4 days or 72 holes of golf. When you place a bet on the first-round leader, you are betting on who you think will be at the top of the leaderboard after the first 18 holes.
- Match-up bets: A match-up bet is like a moneyline but bet between two players. For example, the bookmakers could have Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods going head-to-head. You then need to place your bet on the one you think will win.
- Group match-up bets: This is the exact same as a match-up but is between more than two players.
- Futures bets: You can bet on the winner of any golf tournament coming up in the calendar or how many tournaments a particular golfer will win.
- Props: These are bets that don’t fit into the other categories and usually involve things such as someone sinking a hole-in-one, or how many eagles will be made in a tournament (over/under) etc.
2. How does an each-way bet work in golf?
An each-way bet is relatively simple to understand and is a good way to spread your odds of winning. In this bet, you put money down twice on one player. One bet is for the payer you’ve chosen to win, and the other is a bet on that same player’s final position if they don’t win.
3. How to bet on golf majors?
Getting started with betting on golf is easy and all you have to do is create an online betting account with BetMGM. To create a BetMGM account, select “Register” and fill out the online registration form. The process is quick and easy and once you’re registered, you will have access to incredible golf betting opportunities.
Select or from the live event list to view media.