Online Soccer Betting
With soccer’s return to normalcy around the world, there are around-the-clock soccer betting opportunities at BetMGM. Whether you want to bet on Mohamed Salah and Liverpool with Champions League betting, Robert Lewandowski and Bayern Munich in Bundesliga, or any Europa League team before a champion is crowned in Seville, there’s something for everyone.
Our markets range from over/under totals on an Aston Villa-Chelsa match and relegation betting to MLS futures and World Cup odds. You can also build soccer parlays, bet on One Game Parlays, and view live betting odds.
Live Soccer Betting
Live betting is a unique opportunity to get closer to the action and leverage your soccer and betting knowledge into more excitement and bigger potential payouts.
While watching the Champions League Final on TV, streaming a Real Madrid-Barcelona La Liga match on your computer, or watching the Colorado Rapids battle the Los Angeles Galaxy from Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, you can bet on live odds.
Soccer Betting FAQs
1. How to Bet on Soccer
Soccer betting online is the easiest and most convenient way to bet on soccer. It also offers many benefits compared to the traditional ways of betting.
There are many betting options available, including money lines, next goal, and halftime result. You can also take advantage of promotions like Free Bets, parlay boosts, and more.
2. How to Read Soccer Odds
Soccer odds are displayed in three formats: American odds, fractional odds, or decimal odds. These are defaulted by location at a sportsbook casino and can be changed based on your preference. You can read soccer odds as follows:
- American Odds – American odds use a minus (-) sign to display the favorite or a plus (+) sign for the underdog. For example, if Everton is listed as -150, you would need to bet $150 to win $100. On the other hand, if Liverpool is +150, you would need to bet $100 for a $150 profit. BetMGM automatically calculates the payout for you; just add the bet to your betting slip and you’ll see the potential payout.
- Fractional Odds – Fractional odds are separated by a slash, e.g. 5/1 or 3/5. A team is a favorite when the first number is smaller than the bottom number, and vice versa if the team is the underdog.
- Decimal Odds – Displayed in numeric form, decimal odds show the total return, not just the profit. A favorite is displayed by odds less than 2.0, and the underdog greater than 2.0. Usually, the odds for a draw are greater than 2.0.
3. Do Soccer Bets Include Extra Time?
Soccer bets do not include extra time unless stated otherwise.
All bets placed on soccer matches are settled on the result at the end of the 90 minutes. Therefore, your bet will not count for any goals, free kicks, corners, or other similar bets past the second-half mark.
For example, if you placed a bet on Manchester United to beat Dortmund, and the game is 0-0 at 90 minutes, you would lose your bet even if Man U scores at 100 minutes or during penalties. The 90 minutes mark includes any injury or stoppage time but no extra time or penalties after the final whistle. This is also applicable in live betting.
4. What is Double Chance in Soccer Betting?
The double chance soccer market allows you to bet on two of the three possible outcomes in a soccer match with one simple bet.
- Home Team or Draw – You win if the home team wins or the match draws.
- Away Team or Draw – You win if the away team wins or the match draws.
- Home or Away team – You win if either team wins the match. You lose if the match results in a draw.
The advantage of a double chance bet is an increased chance of winning their bet since you will be backing two of three outcomes. As the name suggests, it doubles your chances of winning.
6. How Does the Handicap or Spread Work in Soccer betting?
The handicap, aka spread, is one of the popular betting markets focused on single-sided games.
The handicap in an Arsenal-Watford match, for example, might be Arsenal (-1) vs Watford (+1). Arsenal must win the match by more than one goal for your bet to cash. A bet on Watford, meanwhile, can cash if they win outright or tie.
If Arsenal wins by one goal, the bets are a push.
8. How to Win in Soccer Betting
Regardless of whether you’re a first-time bettor, casual fan betting on a few games per week, or a diehard fan breaking down line movement, anyone can bet and win on soccer odds.
At the best online sportsbook, you can start small with a basic over/under bet, build a five-leg parlay, or place a dozen bets over a single matchday. Check out updated soccer odds at the sports book and make the play today!