Barry Sanders and BetMGM have something in common. Both have experienced success in Michigan.
After BetMGM made mobile app use available in the Wolverine State, the online sportsbook publicized the signing of Sanders last year, a Hall of Fame running back, to a multi-year deal as a celebrity brand ambassador.
Barry Sanders - Former NFL Football Player & BetMGM Brand Ambassador
Barry Sanders BetMGM Ambassador
Sanders has been featured in BetMGM’s marketing ventures and participates in different events with customers.
He interacts with BetMGM players and BetMGM Rewards loyalty members via virtual and in-person, either public or private, events. He’s also appeared in BetMGM social media content as well as on radio and television.
Sanders is a focal point of BetMGM’s “8-Bit Barry” game. A tribute to vintage video games, players can manoeuvre their way into the end zone to win either a Free Bet, a Risk-Free Token or Parlay Boost Token for online sports betting.
Barry Sanders Career Stats
Sanders was one of the most thrilling players of his generation to watch. He played 10 seasons for the Detroit Lions, who are Official Sports Betting Partners with BetMGM.
- After winning the 1988 Heisman Trophy while at Oklahoma State, Sanders went on to rush for more than 1,000 yards in all 10 of his seasons with the Lions. At the time of his retirement, Sanders held the NFL record for most such consecutive seasons.
- When his career ended following the 1998 season, Sanders was second all-time for most rushing yards (15,269), attempts (3,062), 100-yard games (76) and combined net yards (18,308).
- The 1997 season was perhaps the highlight of Sanders’ career. He became the third NFL player to accumulate 2,000 yards, rushing for 2,053 and adding 305 receiving. He was named the league’s MVP.
- Sanders was a Rookie of the Year in 1989 and two-time Offensive Player of the Year.
- Sanders was a Pro Bowl selection every season of his career as well.