Bryce HarperMay 27, 1992
2020 Earnings: $14.1 million ($9.6 million salary/prize winnings, $4.5 million endorsements)
Networth: Estimated $70 million
- Harper was focused on one thing and one thing only: professional baseball. He finished high school early and went on to the College of Southern Nevada. Not long after, he won the 2010 Golden Spikes Award.
- The Washington Nationals didnt take a chance, and used their first overall pick in the 2010 draft to select Harper.
- Bryce made his debut in 2012 at the age of 19, and was selected to appear in the All-Star game in the same year. He is the youngest position player ever to be selected to play in an All-Star Game.
- In February 2019, Harper signed a $330 million, 13-year contract with the Philadelphia Phillies. This was record-breaking for a free agent, with the last record setting payday coming in at $300 million just a few weeks earlier for Manny Machadao.
- He created Harpers Heroes, an organization that partners with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) to help children who are struggling with cancer have a once-in-a-lifetime experience.