Nico HulkenbergSeptember 25, 1987
2020 Earnings: $4.5 million ($4.5 million salary/prize winnings, unknown endorsements)
Networth: Estimated $10 million
- He began karting in 1997 at only 10 years old, becoming the German Junior Karting Champion in 2002, and winning the German Kart Championship in 2003.
- Despite racing since 2010, the F1 racer has yet to land a championship, race win, or a podium finish.
- In 2015 he competed in the 24 Hours of Le Mans race for Porsche, and ended up finishing first.
- Hulkenberg made a surprise return to F1 in 2020 at Racing Point after Perez tested positive for COVID-19. He raced again at Silverstone when Perez was found to still be COVID positive. Hulkenburg sat out the Spanish Grand Prix after Perez was finally cleared to race.
- Hulkenberg is reported to be in negotiation with two teams to make an official return to the grid in 2021.