Justin VerlanderOctober 1, 1983
2020 Earnings: $13.2 million ($12.2 million salary/prize winnings, $1 million endorsements)
Networth: Estimated $95 million
- Verlander has always had a mean pitch, with a whirlwind fast throw of over 80 miles per hour in high school! His fastest pitch during high school was 86 miles per hour, which he achieved during his senior year.
- Justin has received over a dozen awards during his career, including making the All-Star team 8 times, as well as receiving the All-MLB First Team selection in 2019. This record setting player showed the world what he was capable of with a World Series win in 2017.
- Hes also received a number of performance records, including pitching three no-hitters in 2007, 2011, and 2019. Verlander is also a member of the prestigious 3, 000 strikeout club.
- Verlander signed an extension to his contract for $66 million in 2019. He was set to receive $33 million dollars per year for 2020 and 2021, but like many other players, his salary has been reduced for 2020.
- To help support the battle against COVID-19, Verlander has decided to donate his salary towards different organizations which were involved in combating the pandemic.