Klay ThompsonMarch 27, 1990
2020 Earnings: $38.8 million ($24.8 million salary/prize winnings, $14 million endorsements)
Networth: Estimated $50 million
- Klay Thompsons father is Mychal Thompson, a former NBA player who was the top pick in the 1978 NBA draft. His father retired from professional basketball in 1992 after spending his last 5 years with the LA Lakers.
- He has two brothers who also play sports competitively. One of his siblings plays baseball, while the other plays in the NBAs developmental league. Clearly sporting skill runs in the family.
- Despite being lower down the list than some other players whove never won the championship, Klay is a three time champion. He won in 2015, 2017, and again in 2018 while playing for the Golden State Warriors.
- Klay struggled with managing his money during his rookie years. Whether it was competitive poker games with his teammates, or buying unnecessary amounts of clothes, he found reasons to spend. Klay did get to grips with his finances, and recently signed a 5-year deal worth $190 million with his current team, the Golden State Warriors.
- Another thing that runs in the family is generosity. Alongside other members of his family, Klay went on to form the Thompson Family Foundation. This charity helps young people improve their lives through fitness and education. This organization operates in the US and Bahamas, and has raised funds through golfing events, toy drives, and other community drives.