Serena WilliamsJanuary 28, 1981
2020 Earnings: $36 million ($4 million salary/prize winnings, $32 million endorsements)
Networth: Estimated $200 million
- Winning her first Grand Slam title at age 17, Serena Williams is the former No. 1 in womens single tennis. Having won 23 Grand Slam singles titles, Williams has recorded the most wins by any player in the Open Era, and the second-most of all time behind Margaret Court (24).
- She is the most recent player to have held all four Grand Slam singles simultaneously (2002-03 and 2014-15).
- Williams earned almost $29 million in prize money and endorsements which made her the highest paid female athlete in 2016.
- Considered one of Americas richest self-made women, she has been quietly investing money into 34 startups. Williams founded the company Serena Ventures in 2014 with the mission of giving opportunities to founders across an array of industries.
- In addition to being a world-class athlete and businesswoman, Williams is a philanthropist as well. She is the founder of The Serena Williams Foundation which donates to social welfare, education, and community development.