The US Open is widely beloved as a departure from its Grand Slam brethren's norms, rules, and environments. The 140-year-old tournament, played as the fourth and final Grand Slam since the 1980s, is also a remarkable opportunity to bet on tennis odds regardless of your tennis expertise and sports betting experience.
How to Read US Open Odds
Shortly after the tournament brackets are revealed, you can browse updated US Open tennis odds for men’s singles, women’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s doubles, and mixed doubles.
The number of available bets varies for each match, though these five bets are typically the most common and popular at the BetMGM sportsbook:
- Match Winner: Alternatively listed as “2way - Who will win?” this is a money line bet in which you pick the winner of the match. For example, Novak Djokovic might be a -150 favorite over Rafael Nadal, who’s a +130 underdog. If you bet $100 on Djokovic to win, the potential payout is $166.67, whereas a $100 bet on Nadal has a potential payout of $230.
- Set Winner: Alternatively listed as “Who will win the set?” this is a money line bet in which you pick the winner of the next set. If the match hasn’t started, you’re betting on Set 1. If the match has started, you’re betting on the upcoming set with live tennis betting.
- Game Winner: Like a Set Winner bet, you’re betting on the game winner of the upcoming set.
- Total Games - Match: One of several over/under bets available for tennis, this is a bet on the total games played in the match. For each over/under total, you can bet the over or under on total games (e.g., 21.5), which are accompanied by odds (e.g., -135, -105).
- Spread: Also listed as “Handicap/Games” or “Player Spread,” this is the margin of total games won. Unlike NFL betting, for example, in which a spread is the margin of victory, tennis spreads are not an indication of victory, rather the margin of games won over the entire match. The match winner might win fewer games (e.g., 6-4, 1-6, 1-6, 6-4, 6-4).
Additionally, you can bet on the correct score of a set, set score after a certain number of games, total sets played in the match, if a set will reach deuce, and more.
How to Bet on US Open Odds
Betting on US Open odds has never been easier regardless of your experience. From the US Open betting pages or tennis betting pages, you can view in-progress matches, upcoming matches, and futures odds.
If, for example, you’d like to view all available odds for an Ash Barty-Naomi Osaka match, set to begin in a few hours, click the match, and select “All” from the top navigation bar or “ALL BETS” from the bottom navigation bar.
From here, you could place single bets, such as:
- $100 on Barty to win the match (+110)
- Potential Payout: $210
- $50 on Osaka to win Game 1 (-110)
- Potential Payout: $95.45
- $10 on a 2-2 Set 1 score after 4 games (+115)
- Potential Payout: $21.50
To increase the excitement and potential payouts, you could also build US Open parlays by combining several bets into one parlay. If you combined those three bets above into a parlay with a stake of $50, the potential payout would be $430.97.
Live US Open Betting
Grand Slam tournaments are the perfect events for live sports betting. With hundreds of matches over several weeks, there’s non-stop excitement at the sportsbook.
As you’re watching the Djokovic-Nadal match on TV, streaming the Barty-Osaka match on your computer, or tracking scores from a Dominic Thiem-Daniil Medvedev match on your phone, you can view live tennis odds and place live bets.
With live US Open tennis betting, you can wait until a match starts to place a bet online, have more control over your sports betting, and get immediate payouts without waiting until the end of a match.
More Tennis Betting
Tennis betting is available year-round at BetMGM.
From the US Open betting and Wimbledon betting to ATP Tour 250 and ITF events, the action never stops at the best online sportsbook. Check out updated tennis odds on your desktop computer with online sports betting or your phone with mobile sports betting on the BetMGM sportsbook app.