Wayne Gretzky - FORMER NHL PLAYER & BETMGM BRAND AMBASSADOR
Wayne Gretzky BetMGM Ambassador
Gretzky inked a multi-year brand ambassador deal with BetMGM, a top-notch sports betting and digital gaming outfit.
The hockey legend joined BetMGM to strengthen its marketing in North America.
The NHL itself extended a multi-year partnership with MGM Resorts International and BetMGM in February.
Earlier this month, BetMGM also announced Oilers star Connor McDavid is another brand ambassador. McDavid, the reigning Hart Memorial Trophy winner and arguably the best active hockey player, called it “a real honor” to be on the same team with the likes of Gretzky and NBA superstar Kevin Garnett.
Wayne Gretzky Career Stats
Gretzky, a Hall of Famer, played 20 seasons for the Edmonton Oilers, LA Kings, St. Louis Blues and New York Rangers (BetMGM is partners with the Rangers).
Gretzky’s No. 99 is retired by every NHL team. His run of accomplishments is astronomical.
- Gretzky ended his career with 61 NHL records. Among them were career goals (894) and points (2,857) as well as the single-season records for points (215), goals (92) and assists (163).
- Gretzky’s consistency was remarkable. He racked up 15 seasons, 13 of which were consecutive, with 100 or more points.
- Gretzky led the Oilers to four Stanley Cup titles in 1984, 1985, 1987 and 1988.
- Gretzky was awarded the Art Ross Trophy, which goes to the NHL’s leading scorer, 10 times over a 13-year span. Nine times he secured the Hart Memorial Trophy for being the league’s MVP. By player vote, he won the Ted Lindsay Award, another MVP honor, five times. He also received the Conn Smythe Trophy twice as the postseason MVP.
- Gretzky played in 18 All-Star Games, meaning he didn’t for just two years in his career, which spanned two decades.
- Gretzky went on to hold several other roles in the world of hockey, including executive director for the Canadian men’s team, which won gold at the 2002 Winter Olympics.