How Many Viewers Watch UFC?

min read
Fans await the next fight during a UFC 261 mixed martial arts event, Saturday, April 24, 2021, in Jacksonville, Fla.
(AP Photo/Gary McCullough)
Anatoly Pimentel @AnatolyPimentel Sep 07, 2022, 9:01 PM
  • UFC still leads all MMA promotions in the world.
  • PPV buys reflect the numbers.

There is no doubt that MMA’s popularity is now catching up with boxing’s fame in combat sports. The UFC has spearheaded this meteoric rise in the past decade as its viewership has steadily increased. A good indicator of this is the Pay-Per-View numbers that the Las Vegas-based promotion generates from every major event.

Another good gauge of this rapid ascent is how fight fans have flocked to online sportsbooks to place their UFC odds. But how many viewers actually watch the UFC? Let’s find out below.

How Many Viewers Watch UFC?

An average UFC event could generate 300,000 to over 2,000,000 viewers globally based on the pay-per-view buys that the promotion sold. In its history, the UFC has surpassed the million-dollar mark in pay-per-views 19 times, with UFC 229 as its highest with 2.4 million buys.

UFC 229’s headliner featured the heated rival of Irish superstar and undefeated Russian champion Khabib Nurmagomedov in October 2018 inside the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Average UFC Live Attendance

The pay-per-view numbers presented above were only exclusive of the TV and streaming subscriptions from fans worldwide and are not inclusive of live attendance from fans present in various arenas where the UFC is holding the event.

The UFC conducts their live events to arenas around the world with a full-packed capacity of over 20,000, and they sold out tickets to these gigantic arenas, making it a full house every fight night.

They set the company record of over 57,000 live audiences in October 2019 when Robert Whittaker faced Israel Adesanya in his home country of Australia. The event occurred inside the Marvel Stadium in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

UFC Viewer Demographics

Regarding demographics, the highest chunk of UFC viewers who regularly tune in to events is between 25 to 54 years old, with the highest percentage belonging to the 25 to 35 age bracket. Most of these viewers are male, which is 90% of the total count, while the remaining 10% are female audience.

Most of the fans are from the United States., South America and England, but the UFC has grown its fanbase globally, with emerging markets in Asia and Europe.

UFC Odds at BetMGM

BetMGM has updated UFC odds for the world’s biggest fights.

Whether you’re a first-time bettor making your first deposit, a casual MMA fan browsing UFC Fight Night odds, or a diehard breaking down fight trends, anyone can place a bet online.

Jamie Foxx holding a mobile phone next to the BetMGM's risk-free bet offer.
About the Author

Anatoly Pimentel

Read More @AnatolyPimentel

Anatoly Pimentel is an NBA and MMA writer previously featured in ASEAN Sports, Asian Persuasion MMA, and Overtime Heroics MMA. He graduated from Adamson University with B.A in Communication and is currently a Web Content Writer for BetMGM.

Anatoly Pimentel is an NBA and MMA writer previously featured in ASEAN Sports, Asian Persuasion MMA, and Overtime Heroics MMA. He graduated from Adamson University with B.A in Communication and is currently a Web Content Writer for BetMGM.