IMPORTANT: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND REPRESENT THAT YOU SATISFY ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS THAT ARE SET FORTH HEREIN.
NO PURCHASE OR WAGER OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE OR WAGER OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
- Sponsor: The sponsor of the Promotion is BetMGM, LLC (“Sponsor”), located at 210 Hudson Street, Jersey City, NJ 07311.
- Promotion Period: The Promotion Period will begin at 5:00 p.m. ET on November 11, 2022, and end at 10:59 a.m. ET on November 20, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”) before the start of the first tournament game.
- How to Enter: No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. During the Promotion Period, log into your Sportsbook Account and access the World Cup Free-to-Play Bracket Challenge entry page under the tab labeled “Promotions.” Then, follow the provided instructions to complete and thereafter submit your bracket (an “Eligible Bracket”). Any bracket submitted outside of the Promotion Period will not qualify as an Eligible Bracket. Limit one (1) Eligible Bracket per person/entrant.
Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple identities or false contact information, accounts or otherwise may result in the entrant being disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Promotion at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. All materials submitted become the physical property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the registered account holder of the email address associated with the entry for the domain associated with the submitted address, provided that person is eligible. Winner(s) may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. Registered account holder is defined as the person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. For purposes of this Promotion, an online entry is “received” when the Website’s servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Promotion. The Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Promotion. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. All entrants submitting materials/content as part of the Promotion will be non-exclusively licensing (with the unlimited right to sublicense) to Promotion Entities the right to use such materials, and the images related thereto (including entrant’s name, social media account username and likeness), for any purpose (including any and all commercial purposes) with the right to modify the materials and make derivative works thereof.
- Promotion Pay-out Determinations:
$250,000 Perfect Bracket Prize (Grand Prize)
- Entrant will complete Eligible Bracket prior to start of first game on November 20, 2022, and upon completion of tournament, if bracket is perfect, player will win grand prize of up to two hundred fifty thousand dollars ($250,000). It is possible that no entrant will achieve a perfect bracket. If no eligible entrant] achieves a perfect bracket, the Grand Prize will not be awarded. In the event two (2) or more eligible entrants achieve a perfect bracket, all such entrants who achieved a perfect bracket will be deemed potential Grand Prize winners, and the Grand Prize will be equally divided among those Grand Prize winners. A perfect bracket is achieved by correctly selecting each team to win each game played throughout the entirety of the tournament from November 20th – December 18, 2022.
$50,000 Guaranteed Prize For Highest Point Scorer (First Prize)
- User(s) who finish with the most points throughout the entire tournament will win a guaranteed prize of up to fifty thousand dollars ($50,000). In the event that two (2) or more eligible entrants tie for the most points to the Questions, all such eligible entrants will be deemed guaranteed prize winners, and the guaranteed prize will be equally divided among those guaranteed prize winners. There will be at least one (1) guaranteed prize winner in the Promotion. The point system is determined by correctly selecting the winner of a game, per round, throughout the entirety of the tournament from November 20 – December 18, 2022.
$5 Parlay Free Bet for every group stage winner chosen correctly (Second Prize)
- Promotion Payout: If applicable, the Promotion Payout will be deposited into entrant’s Sportsbook Accounts within seventy-two (72) hours of the conclusion of the Promotion, subject to verification of entrant’s eligibility, State-specific requirements, and compliance with these Official Rules. Promotion Payout recipients will be solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Promotion Payout received, regardless of whether the Promotion Payout, in whole or in part, is used. The Promotion Payout value is expected to be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The Promotion Payout is not transferable and cannot be substituted except in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Administration: Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Promotion, and of selection of the winner(s). Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of the winner(s) will be final. The Sponsor expressly reserve the right to amend, suspend or terminate this Promotion at any time without prior notice or consent. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict at any time any Sportsbook Account holder from participating in this Promotion for any reason. Any questions relating to eligibility, these Official Rules or any other questions concerning this Promotion will be resolved at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and their decisions will be final and binding with respect thereto. No groups, clubs, corporations, companies, partnerships, or organizations may participate in this Promotion or reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to their members.
- Release and Limitation of Liability: By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Promotion Entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Promotion and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize(s) or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (b) to defend and indemnify Released Parties from any and all claims or liability resulting or arising from the Promotion and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize(s), including express warranties provided exclusively by prize provider that are sent along with the prize(s); (c) if selected as a Promotion winner, to the posting of such entrant’s name on the Website and the use by Released Parties of such name, voice, image, and/or likeness for publicity, promotional, and advertising purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; and (d) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Promotion itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Promotion or forfeiture of the prize(s) at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Released Parties shall not be liable to any winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s), or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, epidemic, public health emergency, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control (“Force Majeure Event”). A Force Majeure Event expressly includes (i) an outbreak or resurgence of COVID-19 (as defined by the World Health Organization, which, together with any related strains, variants and mutations thereof and other similar infectious diseases, are collectively referred to herein as “COVID-19”) or, (2) action, order, regulation or guidance taken or issued by a government authority in response to an actual or threatened outbreak or resurgence of COVID-19.
Released Parties are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (ii) technical, hardware, software, or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions which may limit or interfere with a entrant’s ability to take part in the Promotion; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process of the Promotion; (iv) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (v) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or notices (including winner notifications, if applicable); (vi) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alternation of entry or other materials; (vii) any printing, typographical, human, administrative or technical errors or omissions in any material associated with the Promotion; and/or (viii) any injury, loss, costs, expenses or damages to persons or property (including, but not limited to, damage to any computer system or mobile device related to participation in, accessing or downloading information related to the Promotion) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or any Promotion related activity; (ix) any illegal activity by an entrant or anyone acting in concert with an entrant; and/or (x) any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any persons.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, each winner agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor and its designees may, without any limitation or further compensation, use his or her name, voice, biographical data and/or likeness in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised, throughout the universe and in perpetuity, for any commercial purpose including, but not limited to, advertising and promoting the Promotion or any other promotion, contest or Promotion sponsored by the Sponsor.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to alter, discontinue or terminate any Promotion, or any aspect of it, at any time, with or without notice, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if there has been any printing, production, distribution or other error in any promotion communication or on the platform, or where there has been any error in the preparation for or conduct of any promotion affecting the result of the promotion or the number of participants or the value of claims. Sponsor reserves the right to change or cancel this promotion in its entirety or exclude any individual or individuals from participation if it determines at its sole discretion that there are any irregularities or abuses occurring in connection with the promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion (or any portion of the Promotion) at any time without prior notice or consent for any reason, including, without limitation, should an error, virus, bug, computer problem or other cause or issue corrupt, restrict, prevent or inhibit the administration, security or proper operation of the Promotion and, in such situation, to select the potential winner from the remaining eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, Sponsor determines entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor’s representatives. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards against one or more of the Releasees shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees (or other professionals’ fees); and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim and/or seek indirect, punitive, incidental, special and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
Each entrant must be the rightful owner or have authorized use of the email account associated with the entrant’s submitted email address (if provided). If a dispute arises about who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the BetMGM Sports account provided. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry and that all eligibility requirements are met. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
- Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New Jersey, USA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey. By entering (or participating in any Promotion-related activity), entrants (and others) consent to the jurisdiction and venue of federal, state and local courts located in Hudson County, New Jersey. In such cases, entrant and Sponsor agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts located within Hudson County, New Jersey, and agree to waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over the parties by such courts and to venue in such courts.
- Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List and Official Rules: For the name of the winner(s) or a copy of these rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (Vermont residents need not affix return postage) to: BetMGM, LLC, Marketing attn.: World Cup Free-to-Play Bracket Challenge- 210 Hudson Street, Jersey City, NJ 07311. All such requests must be received within three (3) months after the end of the Promotion.
- Miscellaneous: No waiver of any of the provisions of these Official Rules shall be deemed or shall constitute a waiver of any other provisions hereof, nor shall waiver constitute a continuing waiver unless otherwise expressly provided. If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Official Rules, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
This Promotion is not endorsed by, associated with, or sponsored by FIFA or any of its related entities or member professional football clubs. BetMGM, LLC is not a sponsor of, or involved in the administration or management of, FIFA World Cup 2022.
Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions and other state-specific responsible gaming resources. 21 years of age or older to wager. CO, DC, IA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MI, MS, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV, or WY. All promotions are subject to eligibility requirements. Rewards issued as non-withdrawable free bets or site credit. Free bets expire 7 days from issuance. Excludes Michigan Disassociated Persons. Please Gamble Responsibly. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (DC, IL, IA, IN, LA, MS, NJ, PA, TN, WV, WY, VA), 1-800-522-4700 (CO, KS), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), Call 877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369) (NY). Sports betting is void in Georgia, Hawaii, and Utah and other states where prohibited. Promotional offers not available in Nevada and New York.