PGA Tour PIP Rankings 2022: Bonus Money Payouts

min read
Tiger Woods, of the United States, stands on the 11th hole during the first round of the British Open golf championship on the Old Course at St. Andrews, Scotland, on July 14, 2022.
(AP Photo/Alastair Grant)
Ryan Hannable @RyanHannable Nov 28, 2022, 6:59 PM
  • Tiger Woods was the big winner for 2022’s PGA Tour Player Impact Program.
  • PIP bonus pool money rewards players for boosting engagement/publicity.

The PGA Tour is rewarding its best players.

On top of increased PGA Tour prize money for each tournament, players earned bonus money for the second straight year through the PGA Tour’s Player Impact Program (PIP).

According to ESPN, in January, players will receive 25% of their PIP bonus in the Sentry Tournament of Champions purse payment. The remaining 75% will be paid once a player completes three requirements: plays in a mutually agreed-upon PIP-designated tournament, participates in a PIP service event, and fulfills the mandatory participation requirement.

What is PGA Tour PIP (Player Impact Program)?

The PGA Tour’s Player Impact Program debuted in 2021 to reward players for boosting engagement and publicity of the PGA Tour. 

In 2021, $40 million went to 10 players, while in 2022, $100 million was spread out over 20 players. 

These 20 players are declared “top players,” which gets them into the biggest events with the biggest purses as part of the new PGA Tour schedule, including several elevated events.

The criteria for which the players are ranked come from the following:

  • Internet searches, the number of unique news articles that include a player’s name 
  • The duration that a player’s sponsor logos appeared on screen during Saturday and Sunday PGA Tour telecasts
  • A player’s general awareness score among a broad U.S. population
  • Social media score that considers a player’s reach, conversation, and engagement metrics

Who Finished First in 2022 PGA Tour PIP (Player Impact Program)?

For the second straight year, Tiger Woods finished first in the PGA Tour’s PIP, earning a prize money payout of $15 million.

Woods did so despite only playing in three tournaments – the Masters, PGA Championship and Open Championship.

PGA Tour PIP Winners 2022: Prize Money Payouts

PlayerBonus Prize Money
Tiger Woods$15 million
Rory McIlroy$12 million
Jordan Spieth$9 million
Justin Thomas$7.5 million
Jon Rahm $6 million
Scottie Scheffler$5.5 million
Xander Schauffele$5 million
Matt Fitzpatrick$5 million
Will Zalatoris$5 million
Tony Finau$5 million
Collin Morikawa$3 million
Shane Lowry$3 million
Kevin Kisner$3 million
Billy Horschel $3 million
Max Homa$3 million
Rickie Fowler$2 million
Adam Scott$2 million
Jason Day$2 million
Patrick Cantlay$2 million
Viktor Hovland $2 million
Hideki Matsuyama$2 million
Cameron Young$2 million
Sam Burns$2 million

PGA Golf Odds at BetMGM

At the best online sportsbook, you can always bet on PGA golf odds.

Golf betting is a unique way to take your weekly golf entertainment to the next level. And with a variety of options, including live betting, parlays, and prop bets, there’s something for everyone.

Visit BetMGM today to place your bets on Scottie Scheffler, Rory McIlroy, Jordan Spieth, or any other golfer in tournaments around the world!

Actor Jamie Foxx on the Welcome Offer BetMGM's banner.
About the Author

Ryan Hannable

Read More @RyanHannable

Ryan Hannable is a copy editor on the Web Content Team for BetMGM. Previously, he was a New England Patriots beat writer for WEEI in Boston. He also has published a golf book, “The Ultimate Book of Golf Trivia: 600 Questions and Answers.”

Ryan Hannable is a copy editor on the Web Content Team for BetMGM. Previously, he was a New England Patriots beat writer for WEEI in Boston. He also has published a golf book, “The Ultimate Book of Golf Trivia: 600 Questions and Answers.”