- The Wells Fargo Championship is May 4-7 from Quail Hollow.
- It is a designated event with a strong field and big purse.
- Golf Channel and CBS will share the TV coverage.
The Wells Fargo Championship, which has a $20 million purse since it’s a designated event, will be May 4-7 from Quail Hollow Club in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Some top players, including Jon Rahm and Scottie Scheffler, have opted to skip this week. Still, 21 of the top 30 players in the Official World Golf Rankings are in the field, including Rory McIlroy.
Max Homa is the defending champion, although last year’s event was held at TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm since Quail Hollow hosted the Presidents Cup in the fall.
Wells Fargo Championship TV Schedule, Times, Channel
- Thursday, May 4: 2:00-6:00 p.m. ET, Golf Channel
- Friday, May 5: 2:00-6:00 p.m. ET, Golf Channel
- Saturday, May 6: 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. ET, Golf Channel; 3:00-6:00 p.m. ET, CBS
- Sunday, May 7: 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. ET, Golf Channel; 3:00-6:00 p.m. ET, CBS
What Channel Is the Wells Fargo Championship On?
The Wells Fargo Championship is on Golf Channel exclusively Thursday-Friday and then Golf Channel and CBS Saturday and Sunday.
Wells Fargo Championship PGA Tour Live, Featured Groups
- Thursday, May 4: 6:45 a.m.-6:00 p.m. ET, ESPN+
- Friday, May 5: 6:45 a.m.-6:00 p.m. ET, ESPN+
- Saturday, May 6: 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.ET, ESPN+
- Sunday, May 7: 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. ET, ESPN+
Wells Fargo Championship Format
The 156 players in the field will play stroke play over the course of four days.
The field will be cut to the top 65 players, including ties, following Friday’s second round.
Since it’s a designated event, there is a $20 million purse, with $3.6 million going to the winner.
Who Won the Wells Fargo Championship Last Year?
Max Homa won the 2022 Wells Fargo Championship, although it was held at TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm since Quail Hollow hosted the Presidents Cup in the fall.
Homa also won the 2019 edition, which was at Quail Hollow.
Wells Fargo Championship History, Past Winners
|2020||No Tournament (COVID)||N/A|
Weekly PGA Odds at BetMGM
BetMGM is the premier online sportsbook for weekly PGA odds.
From smaller early-season tournaments to major championships, you can bet on tournament winner, top-five finisher, head-to-head matchups, and more.
Check out the golf betting page today to place your bets on PGA Tour tournaments!