- The WM Phoenix Open is the first full-field designated event of the year.
- Golf Channel and CBS are sharing the TV coverage.
- Scottie Scheffler is the defending champion.
The WM Phoenix Open, which has a purse of $20 million, will be played Feb. 9-12 from TPC Scottsdale.
Since it’s a designated event, it has a major championship-like field. Of the top 24 players in the world who are eligible to play, 23 will be teeing it up.
Going into the event, Jon Rahm had the best golf odds to win at +750.
WM Phoenix Open Format
After a few non-traditional weeks with players playing different courses and Pro-Am events going on at the same time, things are back to normal.
There are 136 players in the field, and they will play four rounds of stroke play at TPC Scottsdale. After two rounds, the field will be cut to the top 65 players, including ties.
It’s worth noting the first round was delayed nearly two hours due to frost. All players did not get to finish their first rounds and will do so Friday morning. This will push back the second-round tee times. It’s likely Round 2 is not completed until Saturday morning.
The tournament is known for its electric atmosphere, especially on the par-3 16th.
WM Phoenix Open TV Schedule, Times, Channel
- Thursday, Feb. 9: 3:30-7:30 p.m. ET, Golf Channel
- Friday, Feb. 10: 3:30-7:30 p.m. ET, Golf Channel
- Saturday, Feb. 11: 1:00-3:00 p.m. ET, Golf Channel; 3:00-6:30 p.m. ET, CBS
- Sunday, Feb. 12: 1:00-3:00 p.m. ET, Golf Channel; 3:00-6:00 p.m. ET, CBS
What Channel Is the WM Phoenix Open On?
The WM Phoenix Open is on Golf Channel exclusively Thursday and Friday and then both Golf Channel and CBS Saturday and Sunday.
WM Phoenix Open PGA Tour Live, Featured Groups
- Thursday, Feb. 9: 9:15 a.m.-3:30 p.m. ET, ESPN+; 3:30-7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN+
- Friday, Feb. 10: 9:15 a.m.-3:30 p.m. ET, ESPN+; 3:30-7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN+
- Saturday, Feb. 11: 12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. ET, ESPN+; 3:00-6:30 p.m. ET, ESPN+
- Sunday, Feb. 12: 11:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. ET, ESPN+; 3:00-6:00 p.m. ET, ESPN+
Who Won the WM Phoenix Open Last Year?
Scottie Scheffler (-16) won the WM Phoenix Open last year. He defeated Patrick Cantlay in a playoff.
WM Phoenix Open History, Past Winners
PGA Odds at BetMGM
PGA odds are always available at the online sportsbook.
In addition to major championship betting, BetMGM has updated odds for dozens of other tournaments each year. Whether you’re seeking Honda Classic odds in February, Travelers Championship betting in June, or 3M Open odds in July, you can find everything at the sportsbook.
Sign in to your account today — or, if you don’t have an account, sign up today with a sportsbook welcome bonus — to start betting. And don’t forget to check updated sportsbook bonuses and promos each day of the year.