Poa greens are putting greens that have a grass type called poa annua.
Poa annua is a warm-season grass, meaning it grows better and is healthier in warmer climates. It’s mostly found on West Coast courses.
These greens have a splotchy and streaky appearance to them, and because of the different strains, it can lead to bumpiness and patchiness.
At times they can be frustrating to putt on, especially later in the day, as poa annua grows faster than most other grasses.
In general, more short putts are missed on poa greens than any other type of grass.
PGA Tour Courses With Poa Greens
- Silverado Resort & Spa in Napa, California (Fortinet Championship)
- Torrey Pines in San Diego, California (Farmers Insurance Open)
- Pebble Beach Golf Links in Pebble Beach, California (AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am)
- Riviera Country Club in Pacific Palisades, California (Genesis Invitational)
- TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Connecticut (Travelers Championship)
PGA Odds at BetMGM
PGA odds are always available at the online sportsbook.
In addition to major championship betting, BetMGM has updated odds for dozens of other tournaments each year. Whether you’re seeking Honda Classic odds in February, Travelers Championship betting in June, or 3M Open odds in July, you can find everything at the sportsbook.
Sign in to your account today — or, if you don’t have an account, sign up today with a sportsbook welcome bonus — to start betting. And don’t forget to check updated sportsbook bonuses and promos each day of the year.